I plated my smoothie today.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mounted Ranger!

I plated my smoothie today.

Post by Mounted Ranger! » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:28 pm

I love a good smoothie: delicious and good for me! However, I haven't had one since I started No S-ing about a month ago. I couldn't quite virtually plate the thing and didn't want to go over the top. A while back someone suggested that I plate the ingredients and, finally, today, I plated the thing. I use an 8 inch plate and put all of my ingredients on there (banana, frozen fruit, greek yogurt) except the juice which I just counted at a glass of juice with my meal and didn't plate.

That was one huge smoothie! Is, I guess, b/c I'm still drinking it (mmm and it's sooo good!)

I was kind of concerned b/c I thought a (regular size) smoothie with a piece of toast or something would make a good meal but not fill up a plate. The smoothie wouldn't really be just a drink; I thought it should be part of the meal, though.

Well, anyway, I've got it all worked out now. I think a regular size smoothie and toast w/ peanut butter makes a nice one-plate (ish) meal.

If you have eschewed your beloved smoothies b/c you couldn't quite virtual plate them, give it a try. Plate it once and you'll have an idea of how much you need to make a smoothie and how much of your plate you need to apportion to it.

Maybe that would be a nice S Day experiment but I just had to have a smoothie today!
Mounted Ranger!
No S-ing, Ranging, and Shovelgloving since 7/7/09

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:12 am

Assuming you avoid the obvious sweets catch, a smoothie would easily be compatible as a meal or part of a meal. I have them on occasion with the works as a whole meal. They certainly are delicious and healthy.

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:31 am

That's a nice experiment, and a good way to handle it.

I like smoothies, but have never been able to think of them as enough of a real meal - I've always been afraid they wouldn't fill me up enough. So I save them for S-day snacks/desserts (I make one and split with the family, so we all have a tiny glassful.)

But with PB toast (which I also love), they could work really well!

Thanks for the idea!