Interesting development

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mounted Ranger!

Interesting development

Post by Mounted Ranger! » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:15 pm

I could only expect to notice a difference in how my clothing fit after a couple or three months No S-ing. However, I did not expect to notice it in my FEET!

I wear a 7.5 shoe and have my entire adult life -- didn't even change after child birth. When I started putting on this weight, I didn't really notice a change -- maybe the new ones fit a little more snugly but nothing crazy. About a year ago, I bought a very cool new pair of shoes: A deep red sort of mary jane-ish look. I really liked those shoes but my regular 7.5 was too tight. Thinking something b/t they'll stretch a bit and I'll get used to them, I bought them anyway. I wore them once and tossed them to the back of the closet.

Well, last weekend I was putting together an outfit and thought those shoes would be dead on. They were but more importantly . . . My Feet are Losing Weight, too!!! They fit great!

My clothes fit better and so do my shoes.

I never would have thought about that.
Mounted Ranger!
No S-ing, Ranging, and Shovelgloving since 7/7/09

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:26 pm

That's great! I think it's the same for me. I am a size 10 shoe, but when I start to lose I go down to a 9 1/2.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:13 pm

I've known that for some time. I used to be a 7 1/2 and now I'm stuck at 8. But I'm not 8 1/2 anymore!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Dandelion

Post by Dandelion » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:06 pm

That would be sooo great. Something else to look forward to :)

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:07 pm

That would be nice to lose a shoe size! My feet grew bigger during my pregnancy and, in spite of losing almost all of my baby weight, my feet still have not shrunk back to their previous size of 6.5.

Mounted Ranger!

Post by Mounted Ranger! » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:21 am

clarinetgal wrote:That would be nice to lose a shoe size! My feet grew bigger during my pregnancy and, in spite of losing almost all of my baby weight, my feet still have not shrunk back to their previous size of 6.5.
It's said that b/c of the loosening of joints, not only at the, um, hips but everywhere, shoe size shoe size can increase anywhere from .5 to 1 shoe size. This is a matter of the joints widening and not weight gain. usually.

In your case I have no idea really but if you lost the baby weight, that's probably it.
Mounted Ranger!
No S-ing, Ranging, and Shovelgloving since 7/7/09

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:51 am

That's good to know. I didn't realize that was why my feet had grown. They did grow a size bigger.
Thanks!

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Mounted Ranger! wrote: It's said that b/c of the loosening of joints, not only at the, um, hips but everywhere, shoe size shoe size can increase anywhere from .5 to 1 shoe size. This is a matter of the joints widening and not weight gain. usually.
Yup. I went up a half shoe-size when my son was born, and learned this was common. On a pregnancy/baby board I was on at the time, some women reported gaining with their first pregnancy, then gaining ANOTHER half-size with a subsequent one.

Oh well. Worth it.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Oh gosh! I hope that doesn't happen when/if I get pregnant again! But yes, it's definitely worth it!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:35 pm

My feet went up a full size by the time I had my 4th. I'd love to shrink these boats! Yet another thing to look forward to... thanks!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me