First night Shuging!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Brent_Corkins

First night Shuging!

Post by Brent_Corkins » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:14 am

Hi! Well I have been doing a good job implementing as many concepts as I can the last few days! I have been Nos dieting, Walking as much as possible! And implementing glass ceiling too! Tonight I did SG for the first time! I used a Ez curl and left a 5lb. weight on the end for a SG! Altogether I thinks it was like 18 lbs! I did 3-4 rounds in 14 14-15 minutes. I only had a old egg timer to use..lol! The routine went like this!

10X per side

1)Shovel
2) Churning
3)Chop wood
4) Flip switch
5) Hoist sack

Then at end of 3rd or 4th round I did push ups for last minute!

I am used to working out. I haven't been able to make to friends to work out because of working late, so thought i would give it a try! Reminded me a lot of Kettlebell 300 style workout! Very cool!!!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 am

Good work, Shovelglover ! 18 pounds, sounds like a pretty heavy homemade sledge, especially for a beginner. I use a 16 pound one and I've been doing it for over 6 months. Careful not to hurt yourself if you aren't used to the moves yet.

You're an "Urban Ranger" too ... wow ! Well, I ran to the mailbox at the end of the street today, lol !

You shouldn't worry about the glass ceiling though, unless the ceiling is really high or you get in your car you won't be in any trouble, lol !

The ceiling is not really an issue even when you are trying to lose weight. I know all weight loss programs tell you to cut the alcohol entirely but I had a few beers (or glasses of wine) once a week all the way through my journey and I still lost nearly 90 pounds within a year dieting and working out almost every day - - of course that reward was once a week, not daily and I made sure to be good the rest of the time.

It was a once a week reward for me, kickin' it watchin' "The amazing race" and "Survivor" on CBS while having a few cold ones. :-)

The egg timer bit makes me laugh ... sounds like it was a relic from the 70's you had to dig up from an old cardboard box in the basement to use, hehe ! I like working out using a timer but I have one on the computer, it makes a bip in the speakers once I am done and I can see the display on the screen too, how much time I have left in my work out.

You sound very motivated and that is the key to a successful weight loss, really. It's the most important part !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:44 am

bluebunny27 wrote:
The egg timer bit makes me laugh ... sounds like it was a relic from the 70's you had to dig up from an old cardboard box in the basement to use, hehe
Things from the 70s are relics? I have -- and use nearly daily -- kitchen things from the 30s and earlier that belonged to family members.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:04 pm

wosnes wrote:
Things from the 70s are relics? I have -- and use nearly daily -- kitchen things from the 30s and earlier that belonged to family members.
So do I! My grandparents had just died when I went to college, and I inherited much of their kitchen gear. Some of it I've never needed (or wanted) to replace. I have my grandmother's old wooden rolling pin and biscuit cutter, among other things, and think of her everytime I make biscuits or piecrust. :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:34 pm

KCCC wrote:I have my grandmother's old wooden rolling pin and biscuit cutter, among other things, and think of her everytime I make biscuits or piecrust. :)
My Grandmother used to use her valgerhalts (rolling pin!) when it was time for my Uncle to practice his piano... she'd stand behind him with it to make sure he didn't try to sneak out of it!! hahaha :mrgreen:
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Oops sorry Brent!
Welcome :)
Congrats on your new shugging regime!!
Keep it up!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:23 am

Well, maybe relic wasn't the right word ... but I don't use anything really old personally, 30-40-50 years old ? ... except for this clock I have. MY father built it a long time ago, in the 70's, It's an alarm clock and it works fine, sentimental value, really ! He built it himself since he was working with electronics - - I've been using it for 20 years plus to wake up in the mornin' ... It belongs in a museum where they show you how people lived in the early 70's or somethin' ... works well though, never had any problems with it. ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Brent_Corkins

Post by Brent_Corkins » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:41 am

NP Deb! lol! Yeah did routine again tonight! Got 4 round in 14 minute plus about 15 push ups! Felt great! then took dog for a short but brisk walk.lol!! Getting raining here in MO. !! lol!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:31 am

KCCC wrote:
wosnes wrote:
So do I! My grandparents had just died when I went to college, and I inherited much of their kitchen gear. Some of it I've never needed (or wanted) to replace. I have my grandmother's old wooden rolling pin and biscuit cutter, among other things, and think of her everytime I make biscuits or piecrust. :)
It's probably perspective (and age!), but things that are 30-50 years old don't strike me as "old." The kitchen things I have from my parents and grandparents were made to last -- not made to be replaced. Shucks, my own dishes and pots and pans are from the 70s and still don't need to be replaced. I've added things, but didn't need to replace any of those.

I also have a clock and a lamp that my grandparents received as wedding gifts (1907). The lamp originally used kerosene for light, but my Dad converted it to electric sometime in the 50s -- I think around the time of my grandparent's 50th anniversary.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Brent_Corkins

Post by Brent_Corkins » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:59 pm

Wow! I got to admit I was a little skeptical of ShovelGlove. But I tell yeah, my lats have been sore for the last few day. And my ab muscles or as well. Defenitely like the useful, feeling of the exercises. I had alot of pep in my step and springiness. When able and work is calmed down i do intend to hit the weights again, but I want to figure a way to include it!