Who are you and What was it?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mounted Ranger!

Who are you and What was it?

Post by Mounted Ranger! » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Someone out there has a metric for deciding if a given event it S Day worthy. It was something like answering a few questions and having to come up with a 7 or something.

What was it and what was that metric?

Ta!
Mounted Ranger!
No S-ing, Ranging, and Shovelgloving since 7/7/09

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:09 pm

I know what you're talking about and I can't remember who wrote it either. I want to say LA Loser.

I have my own criteria -- whioh I think is much simpler: Is this something (or someone) I would change all my plans for? If the answer is "yes", it's S day worthy. Often times I already have changed or made special plans to be present, so it's a given that it's S day worthy.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:07 am

It was Blithe, in this thread:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=5479
Blithe Morning wrote:My non-weekend S days are pretty well identified in advance. If a last minute opportunity presents itself I use a metric I devised to see if it merits an S day designation. I have to score something a 7 before I can call it an S day.

My metric for special days:

A) How often does this event happen?
(1)Regularly (2)Yearly (3)Once every two years or more.

B) Who is involved?
(1) People I know casually (2)People I consider close friends (3)Near family

C)How meaningful is this event to me personally?
(1)Not very (2)Some (3)Quite a bit