weird lack of hunger

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

oolala53

weird lack of hunger

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:42 am

I had an S-day yesterday that I started off with sweeter and richer food than normal. Then I didn't really get hungry again the rest of the day, though I chose to eat a reasonable dinner and have some ice cream. I was barely hungry this a.m. Ate relatively light around 9 a.m, snacked on a few tablespoons of peanut butter, which I rarely eat, at various points in the afternoon and am only now, at 8:35 p.m. started to feel the slightest pangs of hunger.

Anyone else lose his/her appetite on S-days after eating sweets? It may sound like a good thing to some, but remember that most binge-ers don't overeat because they're hungry, so not being hungry doesn't stop them from gobbling. I was okay today, but I've had trouble in the past because I like to eat, and start to resent it after awhile if I don't feel like eating for too long. I know, sounds crazy, but that's why I'm here! I very much like that I get hungry for my meals on N-days.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:20 am

just to clarify my wonderment: I am sure I have eaten fewer calories, although that is not our focus, today, than I do on my N-days. completely unintentional. I would never plan to eat so little, even back when I was counting calories. But I just have no desire to eat. I guess I should just quit questioning and accept that it's normal among the non-problem-eater population. Except that it isn't as if I've forgotten to eat.

Enough perseverating. I've still got student essays to tear my hair out over.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:35 am

I don't know that I think about it so much, but I have plenty of days (not only S days) when I'm just not hungry. I also have days when I know I'm eating enough and I'm still starving.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

ShannahR

Post by ShannahR » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:44 pm

I woudln't worry about it too much. Everyone goes through different phases. Perhaps next week you'll eat alot on your S days. It will probably balance out in the end.

I was surprised to find that the N day habbits got ingrained in me really really quickly (I've only been no S ing for 3 weeks). My first S days I was kinda nervous but after one really big meal with a huge dessert I found myself eating as if the rest of the weekend was N days-not on purpose I assure you! This last weekend, I thought to myself "yippee S days, I can eat whatever I want!" But I found that I had to actively remind myself that I was allowed to snack (but realized I didn't really want to) and only ate one sweet (which I used to gorge on). It's a very strange feeling.

I'm a newbie which doesn't give me much experience in these things but I think it's okay to let your body adjust to the new routine for awhile before you start worrying about it.
This version of myself is not permanent, tomorrow I will be different. --BEP

lelovelady

Post by lelovelady » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Yeah, I had that this weekend too. I had the sweet that I'd been waiting all week for, my very favorite ... cheesecake. I was DYING for it ... my mouth was watering, I mean I really WANTED that cheesecake. I'd been dreaming about that cheesecake for THREE DAYS. But I ate about half a piece, and found it sickeningly sweet, and never finished the rest.

My only real indulgences this weekend were some yogurt covered pretzels and half a glass of sweet tea (mixed with unsweet, because it tasted too sweet).

I'm not sure exactly what that means, especially since I should have been ravenously hungry for sweets, if you know what I mean. I didn't even want chocolate.

I choose to look on it as a good thing, and hopefully an indication that my attempts to retrain my palate and tame my sweet tooth are working.

I just hope that I don't rebound this week and feel "deprived" because I didn't finish the cheesecake. Oh well, if I do, then it gives me something to look forward to for the weekend, doesn't it?

Laura L.