cough drops?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lelovelady

cough drops?

Post by lelovelady » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Let me first state, that I think that anyone who has kids at this time of year should be quarantined away from those of us who don't. Schools are like day spas for viruses and they get brought to work for "take your virus to work day", and get adopted by poor unsupsecting coworkers.

So ... I'm sick ... again ... with whatever version of whatever stinking bug is making its rounds through work THIS week. I think currently it's our computer staff's kids who are winning with this upper respiratory bug, although the accounting kids are making a pretty good show with some kind of tummy bug in the other building.

I'm just sick enough to be miserable and cranky, but not sick enough to actually stay home, which is my criteria for designating it an "S" day.

So ... do cough drops count as sweets? I don't consider them a snack, because they're medicine. But I'm not sure if they count as a sweet. It would seem that they would, at which point I'm just going to write today off as a bad job and hope to do better tomorrow. Or hope to die by tomorrow, one or the other.

Thoughts?

Laura L.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Call it medicine and relax.

(or take a "'sick' starts with 's' day" if you think you need further indulgence -- perfectly legitimate)

Reinhard

lelovelady

Post by lelovelady » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:33 pm

reinhard wrote:Call it medicine and relax.

(or take a "'sick' starts with 's' day" if you think you need further indulgence -- perfectly legitimate)

Reinhard
Coolness. Thank you. :)

Laura L.

ShannahR

Post by ShannahR » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:30 pm

I personally think cough drops are pretty nasty and the strong ones don't taste that sweet. However, if you're really worried you could get the sugar free ones. But I'll warn you, you might want to just endure the cough rather than sucking on those things!!
This version of myself is not permanent, tomorrow I will be different. --BEP

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:18 pm

Cough drops, kleenex, and hot tea are the only way I survive spring allergies. Also, they (the drops) keep me from coughing while I'm trying to talk to customers.
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:18 pm

I just was suffering with extreme sore throat and picked up a bag of organic honey hard candy... and did not think twice about it being a sweet. Getting better is more important than suffering. I had like two at night and it helped. Now if I was drinking down milk shakes to soothe the throat I might have to question that!!!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain