First reality check?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ShannahR

First reality check?

Post by ShannahR » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi everyone,
I've been on NoS for about 1 month now. When I started I decided I would only weigh myself once per month because I easily get frustrated and discouraged. I don't know how you all weigh yourselves every day or even every other day and you don't seem to let it get you down! Anyways, its been 1 month and I'm supposed to weigh myself tomorrow...but I'm scared! :oops:

I feel like I've been doing great on No S, I've only had one red day in all of January and I don't want to blow it as a reaction to seeing a "bad" number. All of my clothes fit MUCH better than they used to so (looser overall and especially around the waist) I think I'll see a difference but what if it's just in my head? That's why I feel like I need to weigh myself-- to make sure I'm on the right track--but I'm worried about the potential consequences.

Any words of wisdom?
This version of myself is not permanent, tomorrow I will be different. --BEP

midtownfg

Post by midtownfg » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:14 pm

If you are already pleased with the physical results you are seeing and you know that you are easily discouraged by the numbers on the scale - DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF! You have done a fabulous job so far. Be proud of yourself and stick to it.

Lots of people never weigh themselves. There is no reason to unless you are a college wrestler and need to be in a certain weight class :) .

Congratulations on your success. Keep up the good work.

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:49 pm

If the numbers are the same or higher, are you suddenly going to be discouraged? My numbers aren't budging right now, but my clothes are loosening considerably. I am a life follower of No S, so nothing the scale says is going to make me stop eating this way. Once a month is good. Don't be scared. Just imagine how much heavier you might be if you did not follow No S. So the numbers don't really matter. Keep op the good work.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:30 am

I think one of the reasons I can weigh every day is because I average the weight once a week. It tends to go down when I'm eating sanely and this is sane. The other is because I am not here this time just as a way to lose weight. I truly believe that this is my best option in the fight to stop compulsive overeating. I know I will have to do a few mental gyrations if I stick with this for a year and lose only 5 pounds, but if so, what can I say? If a body has to eat fewer than 3 meals, or 3 tiny meals to get skinny, I say it just ain't worth it. I'm not piling my plates, I'm not eating a plateful of spaghetti or French fries, I'm willingly and joyfully including plenty of vegetables and fruit. No place else to cut. I'll add exercise into the mix here in a few weeks, but whatever I do, I want to do for a long time, so I am cautious about adding on until I feel committed.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:10 am

You should take measurements of yourself and try going by that. If your pants are fitting looser and especially around your waist, then I have no doubt you've at least lost some inches. Inches are a much better measure to use, anyway.