Thank goodness for "S" days

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Southerngal45

Thank goodness for "S" days

Post by Southerngal45 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:18 pm

I am taking full advantage and having a slice of chocolate cake with a side of vanilla ice cream with a little chocolate sauce.. Heaven..I'm in heaven! :-)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:18 am

I think it's just the relaxation of rules I need.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Southerngal45

Post by Southerngal45 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:36 am

Absolutely agree Oolala!

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:30 am

That sounds like true heaven.

I was also most grateful for S days this weekend and enjoyed a number of dark chocolates with mint centre on Saturday and a dinky peacan nut pie on Sunday.

Hope you all had wonderful S days this weekend.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Southerngal45

Post by Southerngal45 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:56 pm

MerryKat, you made some great "s" choices..pecan pie..yummmm

RJLupin

Post by RJLupin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:09 am

I had great S days last week. On Saturday we went to the cheese shop, and I got some amazing Mt. Tam from the Cowgirl Creamery in San Francisco. Then, we went to the gourmet chocolate place and I had two chocolate truffles; one dark chocolate stuffed with coconut, and one dark chocolate with a champagne filling. On Sunday, I had some more cheese and a nibble of chocolate while I was cooking.

The difference from "before" was, I only ate a few pieces and felt happy; I didn't binge like I would have before I started No S. I guess because I didn't have to feel guilty about eating it ("Oh, I ruined my diet! Might as well just pig out") and knew I could have it again next week, I just didn't have the same compulsion to gorge like I would have in the past. I was a little afraid I might have a hard time going back on No S today, but it's been easy with no cravings.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:27 am

I'm impressed with how easy it is to go back to N-days. It used to be when I had sweets, I would want to keep eating them day after day. Now when I wake up on Mondays, I'm rarely hungry for anything, never mind sweets. I go ahead and make a little breakfast to bring to work with me, but if I'm not very hungry, I just go with my milky coffee and let myself get hu-u-ungry for lunch. Today, I had time for only part of my lunch, but it was plenty. I'm working late and will get something close by if I get hungry before I get home. I feel perfectly confident that I will find something satisfying to eat and not overdo on. The snacking and sweets on S-days is plenty, too.

Just in case someone is lurking and getting discouraged reading this, it was not the way it was for me my first few rounds of No S. If you need to take some time off from trying and not making it on N-days to restore your spirit, that is your call, but if you attracted to this program, don't give up yet! It took me more than a year.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Southerngal45

Post by Southerngal45 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:40 pm

oolala (love the name, btw)..thanks for the info and great tips! I started on Thursday and have only lost .2 pounds..due to gaining, loss..but I know where my problem is. I've been eating on a regular size plate. So today, I'm pulling out the smaller plate and eat from it. I'm also eating the things I WANT, not rabbit food..I know I could eat a little healthier, but I'm determined to eat what I'm in the mood for. I'll see how the smaller plate helps. I'm sure it'll have to! :)

Clarica

Post by Clarica » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:36 pm

Southerngal45 wrote:oolala (love the name, btw)..thanks for the info and great tips! I started on Thursday and have only lost .2 pounds..due to gaining, loss..but I know where my problem is. I've been eating on a regular size plate. So today, I'm pulling out the smaller plate and eat from it. I'm also eating the things I WANT, not rabbit food..I know I could eat a little healthier, but I'm determined to eat what I'm in the mood for. I'll see how the smaller plate helps. I'm sure it'll have to! :)
remember, the key to the diet is moderation--slow results being better than quick results that make you snap and jump off the track. Small plates may be just the right thing--enough food, you feel mostly satisfied by them. Or you may feel like you're starving all the time. If that's the case, don't crack, switch back!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Clarica wrote:
Southerngal45 wrote:oolala (love the name, btw)..thanks for the info and great tips! I started on Thursday and have only lost .2 pounds..due to gaining, loss..but I know where my problem is. I've been eating on a regular size plate. So today, I'm pulling out the smaller plate and eat from it. I'm also eating the things I WANT, not rabbit food..I know I could eat a little healthier, but I'm determined to eat what I'm in the mood for. I'll see how the smaller plate helps. I'm sure it'll have to! :)
remember, the key to the diet is moderation--slow results being better than quick results that make you snap and jump off the track. Small plates may be just the right thing--enough food, you feel mostly satisfied by them. Or you may feel like you're starving all the time. If that's the case, don't crack, switch back!
Southern Gal, weight loss often isn't quick on this plan -- though it may be for some people. I think a number of us have found it to be much slower than other weight loss plans. However, it's also more sustainable. I wouldn't have made the jump to smaller plates for at least a few months.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Southerngal, IMHO it's a little early to be measuring No S by how much weight you've lost. This is about a reasonable way to live long-term, right? Now, I say that, and it is my intention, but I might be disappointed if I plateau for the next 5 months. I don't think I will, but it's a possibility. However, I am not making any judgements regarding weight loss at least until the end of June. Give the body time! And even then, it will be only slight modifications, as I think you have to give it a year to be fair. Will you be eating exactly the same 6 months from now as you are now? Just the basics. but what and how much are on the plates may have changed. I tend to eat what others call "healthy" meals, but I did before No S. My big issue was bingeing on sweets from late afternoon on. Others might have to work on the pile of French fries they have at lunch and dinner.

Consider getting at least 21 days in before you purposely mess with anything. Not hungry enough to finish lunch? that's different.

I'm wrapping up week 9 tomorrow and I've only recently thrown in 10-15 minutes of resistance exercise a few times a week. I walk, but not consistently. I'd rather keep slowly ramping up than have to back off because it's unsustainable. But that's me!

In any case, I'm glad for your few days of No S and any positive changes you felt.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23