Five Factors

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Five Factors

Post by wosnes » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:03 pm

Earlier today I was browsing some blogs and found a link to The World's Healthiest Diets. While it is about the foods the healthy populations eat, it's also about the difference between their habits and ours.

The five factors are:
1. Caloric Overload
2. Portion Distortion
3. On-the-go Eating
4. Animal product excess
5. Lazy Lifestyle

This reminded me of an article I read in Prevention magazine about 15 years ago. It was called "How in the World to Stay Slim" and examined the eating and exercise habits of people in China, Japan, Great Britain, Sweden, France, Burma ( Myanmar), Italy and the Netherlands.

Some of the things they did differently were eating smaller portions (or smaller meals), moving more, not snacking, not routinely eating dessert, eating less meat and making starches/grains the center of their meals.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."