my second attempt

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

idontknow

my second attempt

Post by idontknow » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Tomorrow I'm going to start my second attempt at no S. The first attempt a couple of years ago was not very successful because I ate far too much at mealtimes and I didn't track my habits. Last year I lost 21 pounds with ww - over the last 6 months I've gained back about 14 of those. I'm not prepared to go back to ww - I need to find the control myself. Things I know about my eating habits:

I eat when I'm bored.
I eat when I'm alone
My basic meals are well balanced, healthy and are sensibly sized portions
I snack too much
I often have seconds and often finish other people's leftovers

Bearing all this in mind, it seems like no s will help me build on the good habits I have and eliminate the bad habits. When I did go to ww I enjoyed staying for the meeting, listening to other people's experiences and listening to advice from others, so I hope I can use this forum in that way. I would like to lose the 14 pounds I have gained, but it's more important for me to get control over my eating habits.

Looking forward to posting with a successful day tomorrow
:D

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Welcome back and good luck!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:37 am

You have good motivation. You know you've got to find a way to live, not to diet. Welcome to sanity.

I've found that for N days, it doesn't even matter to me what my reasons were for eating outside of mealtime. I just don't do it. I know that for S days, those other reasons are still coming into play. It seems like it should have been obvious, but I just realized it after this weekend. When I have more discretion over my time, i.e., not at work, I need to occupy myself better. I don't have much of a social life right now. One of my issues is that I have student work I should be looking at, but I hate it. I don't make fun plans so that I have time to do it, but I end up not doing the work or having fun. I procrastineat, as another poster said recently. Last Sunday, I actually chose to wait to eat a meal, which I hadn't been doing. This came about naturally, without my having to impose this on myself. I'm hoping this will spread to more hours on the weekends. I think you'll be having some changes you'll be pleased with as well.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

carla70

Post by carla70 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:33 pm

I am starting today again also. I have started this before (lost count). I got from plan to plan..but I know this is so livable. I am terrible at counting calories, points, no carbs, fat free..etc.

This is my accountablity No S! I can lose this weight finally and so will you!!!

Good luck to you and let's get er' done.

TTFN

idontknow

Post by idontknow » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:41 pm

Thank you for the supportive replies. My first 2 days have gone really well - complete successes! Both days I had to wait until 7.30/8.00 for my evening meal and although I was really hungry by the time I ate I didn't snack. However, I did notice how much I had to stop myself picking at food while I was preparing dinner. That is obviously a time when I indulge in mindless eating. I'm now looking forward to the next 2 S days. I am going to try to stick to the mealtimes with a couple of treats added in.
Thanks again for the support