BBQ season!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

OT

BBQ season!

Post by OT » Mon May 24, 2010 8:29 pm

Was just wondering,seeing as it's the BBQ season and all that (well it is in sunny England anyway believe it or not!), how do you all handle BBQs on N Days?

The problem I have is that at BBQs you can't really put all your food on one plate in one go since it's being cooked continuously-so you might get a piece of chicken when it's ready and a plate of it is being passed around but then there won't be another one for a little while! So if you were to just put that one bit of meat on your plate with your salad and potatoes etc and wait for the next bit,it would go cold! Is this a virtual plating situation? Or am I the only one here who can eat my bodyweight in chicken at a BBQ unless the shame of seeing 8 drumsticks and 6 chicken breasts all piled up on my plate at the same time stops me?!I love chicken! :-)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon May 24, 2010 10:00 pm

I think you have to realize that you're not going to be able to eat all you want at a BBQ on an N day. You're going to have to choose what it is you really want -- or take very small servings to fill your plate. Virtual plating would also be an option.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."