You know you're eating diet food when...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

You know you're eating diet food when...

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:19 am

I had to laugh at myself today, and I thought this might be kind of fun. (Thanks Reinhard for showing us that we can eat real food!)

Complete the sentence.

You know you're eating diet food when ... the fat free cheese "melted" on top the baked corn chips chews like rubber coated cardboard. Dry dry nachos.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:42 am

You know you're eating diet food when...the 'butter' or 'cheese' smells & tastes like rubber.
Restarting NoS (after going back & forth over the last 4 years) in November 2013.

GOAL: to lose 10 kilos.
HAVE ACHIEVED SO FAR: 1.6 kilo

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:48 am

The diet margarine won't melt on hot toast. You know you're eating diet food when the food you eat has a chemical aftertaste.

To me, the strangest thing about diet food is how "normal" we think it is. Not only that, it was designed to help us lose/control weight and/or help prevent heart disease and diabetes. It hasn't worked.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:29 pm

You know you're eating diet food when that pile of gravel you bought to resurface the drive looks more appetising than your lunch.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:30 pm

The ingredient list on the package (and of course it's in a package) contains more chemicals than recognizable ingredients that you might have in a kitchen.

(This is not limited to diet food - it's a general indicator of "not-real" food, of which diet food is a subset.)