Start #5...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lainskie

Start #5...

Post by Lainskie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:17 am

Hi all,

This week will be my fifth try at "No S." Needless to say, I've had a hard time sticking with the program.

I work in the hospitality industry, and there is ALWAYS food around at work. My work schedule can also be really unpredictable; as much as I'd love to sit down at the table for three square meals a day, that isn't always possible. In these cases, I've tried to work in the "mini meals" that people discuss, but frankly, I'm not quite convinced that these are all that different from snacks, and inevitably work my way back to my normal noshing schedule.

I would love to hear from other folks with similar situations in terms of unconventional work schedules, or those who have also struggled with multiple starts and then been successful.

Thanks in advance, all!

Graham

Post by Graham » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:43 am

Hi Lainskie - if you're telling me you have regular access to tasty free food, then you have my sympathy - not sure I'd cope too well with that!

One strategy you could try, though it's outside standard No S, would be to have a day or two when you simply don't eat (Intermittent Fasting, IF). It might be an easier decision to make than how to be moderate with an irregular but bountiful supply of food.

My meal-times are irregular, and I'm often exposed to offers of snacks from my SO who has no weight issues and didn't come round to me doing No S at all easily, and I've found IF, in addition to No S, was the answer for me.

Good luck, Graham

paulawylma

Start slowly

Post by paulawylma » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:33 pm

If you can't schedule meals at all then why not start with one S at a time? Try giving up just sweets for 2 to 3 weeks with no other changes. Use the time to figure out what your "noshing" schedule is. Your meal times can be flexible if you rotate shifts. Can you have meals for breakfast and dinner? You have to start and end work at some point. :-)
If you just start with sweets then you will have time to figure seconds and snacking.

lilguysmama

Post by lilguysmama » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:30 pm

Lainskie, i'm also having a hard time starting the no s diet. I'm on my 4th try now. I'm going to take it one s at a time. My biggest problem is snacking, I snack all day long. So my first month I'm just going to focus on no snacking.

Its hard but paulawylma is right I think it would be good for you to start with one s at a time?