New and Love This! (long- turned into a book - sorry)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Happyhomemama

New and Love This! (long- turned into a book - sorry)

Post by Happyhomemama » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Hello!

I'm new and this is my 1 week of No S. I just read the website on Sunday, I haven't read the book. I have read a lot of the message board and according to the lingo I'm doing vanilla No S.

I just have to say how much I love this. When I was eating breakfast on Monday it was so amazingly normal really I don't think I can truly put how I felt into words. I it might sound odd but its true. You see I have been trying for years (and I do means years) to master hunger/fullness type eating. So although I haven't counted a calorie in forever I was still caught up in eating by certain rules like; am I truly hungry? have I had just the right amount or can I have more? So much questioning and still overeating mostly because I could wait to start eating it was the stopping that was the problem. :lol: Back to how awesomely normal it is not just at breakfast but at dinner as well. A lot of days I would eat lunch or snack in the afternoon and end up overeating and not being hungry for dinner but wanting to eat with my family just the same, telling myself I would just have a few bites and eating at least a plate. Most days I would feel bad because I didn't eat with my family or bad because I ate and wasn't hungry. :roll: No S has removed all the questions. I have been hungry for my meals because I am not eating in between them, one plate always fills me so there is no internal dialogue over whether or not to have another serving, and no worrying if I have room for dessert (and deciding not and eating it anyway).

I have (thankfully) taken to No S with relative ease I guess because I am used to going for hours with out food waiting for hunger. I love the cut and driedness, no guessing. This is when I eat and how much, done.

I threw out my scale a few weeks ago because I was an obsessive weigh-er so I don't know if I've lost weight this week but I hardly even care I just love this normality so much its enough for me right now. :D

Sorry I wrote a book! Hope you have had a great No S day!
Deanna in WA
Mom of 6
5'4" 38 yo
Started No S 8/9/2010
SW: 179.4 (9/5, no scale prior) :)
Began Calorie Counting 10/4 & 178 lbs
CW: 176.6
1st goal: 160
Final Goal: 130

Lorelei

Post by Lorelei » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi Deanna, and welcome! You really hit the nail on the head with your comment on the "cut-and-driedness" of No S. That is probably what appeals to me most about the plan. Like you, I always tried to negotiate with myself by saying "if I have this, then I'll make up for it later by not having that (or by working out, or whatever). Just a constant cycle of deprivation and indulgence - and it didn't work! No S is so liberating. I've been doing it for almost 3 months now, and even though I am not trying to lose weight, my clothes fit better and I just feel more at peace about my relationship with food. Don't you just LOVE feeling NORMAL? It's been a long time since I felt that way! Wishing you continued success and happiness with No S. :)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:59 am

Hardly a book! have you seen some of my posts?

Enjoy a sane life with No S.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:12 am

Welcome aboard! A lot of us had that "Wow" reaction when starting NoS, and it's great to hear that you did, too.

Starla

Post by Starla » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:02 pm

Welcome! I didn't even realize how twisted and unhealthy my thinking had become until I'd been on No S for a while. I've been doing it for almost a year now, and the mental rewards are just as enjoyable as the physical. I enjoy seeing newcomers have the same experience!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:11 pm

oolala53 wrote:Hardly a book! have you seen some of my posts?

Enjoy a sane life with No S.
Exactly what I was thinking about many of my posts!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Happyhomemama

Post by Happyhomemama » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm so glad to be here. :D
Deanna in WA
Mom of 6
5'4" 38 yo
Started No S 8/9/2010
SW: 179.4 (9/5, no scale prior) :)
Began Calorie Counting 10/4 & 178 lbs
CW: 176.6
1st goal: 160