Make me accountable!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Foxtrotter

Make me accountable!

Post by Foxtrotter » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Okay, while I haven't gone off the S diet, I've had a lot of red days in the last 2 months. For the remainder of August, I have GOT to toe the line!. So in addition to the HabitCal, I'm going to log in every evening and post my success (and failure, but there aren't going to be any of those!).

I don't expect anyone to read it, but since posting it here is making my progress public, I figure I can pressure myself into compliance. Today, btw, has been excellent.

Thanks!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:55 pm

I so agree that making oneself accountable is important.
Thre is a Daily Check In thread that a lot of us journal on. Just click the Index above and you will see it. Although, of course, you can also check in here, we often have challenges but right now our "starter" reneew is dealing with the aftermath of a tornado so she is busy elsewhere.

Hope to see her return next month.

I post on my Daily check in every day and I am totally honest. I post my true weight regardless. Just knowing that I am going to keeps me on track I am sure. This board is so forgiving and so supportive (I came back after backsliding from a year ago and they were nothing but kind).

Good luck on your journey to better health.
Berry

Foxtrotter

Post by Foxtrotter » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Thanks for the good wishes. I thought about using the daily checkin thread, but I think I need to be as nekkid as possible to stay on track. I don't expect others to read this thread, but they could, which I hope will keep me going.

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Foxtrotter wrote:I don't expect others to read this thread, but they could, which I hope will keep me going.
Oh, we'll be watching you, punk. :)

Foxtrotter

Post by Foxtrotter » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:29 pm

DaveMc wrote:
Foxtrotter wrote:I don't expect others to read this thread, but they could, which I hope will keep me going.
Oh, we'll be watching you, punk. :)
Dirty Harry, is that you?

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Foxtrotter wrote:Dirty Harry, is that you?
Mr. Harry would probably have not included the smiley face. But seriously, good luck.

Foxtrotter

Post by Foxtrotter » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:14 am

Well, today turned into an S day -- a friend took me out for birthday lunch and another took me out in the evening. But a very sane S day, so that's good.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:18 pm

I don't know if anyone else can make you accountable, but you've taken a good step yourself by posting here. We'll certainly cheer (threaten, and cajole) you on. :-)

Reinhard

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Okay, I'm going to cut the warm fuzzy stuff and say Drop and give me twenty!

Didn't work, huh?

By all means, if you think it will help you to post here, do it, but you won't get a tongue-lashing. We'll just keep giving you suggestions for how to do better next time.

I'm going to post on my check in thread an insanely long list of reasons I've been accumulating for why it's worth it to eat moderately. I find that when I read the list regularly, different reasons will pop into my head at different times to help thwart the urges to deviate from the rules. I don't know if it's psychological, but I've been experiencing less hunger and even less desire for food the last few days. That may to do with other factors, though.

However, this may be all you need.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Foxtrotter

Post by Foxtrotter » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:41 am

Another good N day!

But man, do I want some M&Ms! C'mon Saturday!

Foxtrotter

Post by Foxtrotter » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:47 am

I had snacks yesterday (thurs). Bad me! My fault -- after horseback lessons and dog walking, I ate a much-too-small lunch.

Foxtrotter

Post by Foxtrotter » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Okay, moving this over to the daily thread -- it will be a better place.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:19 pm

Foxtrotter wrote:I had snacks yesterday (thurs). Bad me! My fault -- after horseback lessons and dog walking, I ate a much-too-small lunch.
Enough of that "bad me" stuff!!! You're not bad -- you made a mistake by not eating enough lunch and snacking to make up for it.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."