Wonder if President Clinton is following No S ?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Strawberry Roan

Wonder if President Clinton is following No S ?

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:55 am

From Yahoo homepage.

Regarding the wedding coverage -

And former President Bill Clinton, looking slim, said he's lost 20 pounds after giving up desserts and junk food. He said it was a request from Chelsea.

:wink:
Berry

Tiggycat

Post by Tiggycat » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:38 pm

I saw the pictures and he did look good, younger-looking and healthier than I remember, as well as thinner.

When I read the book and the information on this site, No S made a lot of sense to me - it reminded me of what my mother and grandmother did when they needed to lose weight.

They just stopped eating bread and potatoes and desserts (we never ate between meals in our family, but always had bread, potatoes and dessert at every supper) and didn't take second helpings.

President Clinton and others in public life have such busy schedules and so often have to eat whatever's put in front of them that I'm amazed they can follow any diet more complex than this one.

Sarah Ferguson (the Duchess of York) did WeightWatchers and was their spokesperson for a while and I could never figure out how she managed it with all her official engagements and the need to be polite to her hosts - I found it too difficult and I just have an office job and occasional family dinners.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:06 pm

I think Sarah had it easier because people knew she went to many food events so they probably all didn't expect her to eat. Plus, who's gonna tell her what to do?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)