Starting No-S (& giving up "diets" forEVER)!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Kimbo

Starting No-S (& giving up "diets" forEVER)!

Post by Kimbo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi everyone!

I've had No-S bookmarked for years. :oops: Meanwhile, I've been on the diet rollercoaster that so many of us are familiar with. It's time to get off and say goodbye to that world forever. Think of the money saved in not buying new books and magazines for the diets on the front cover! Woo! I bought the No-S book a few weeks ago.

So, I'm starting No-S. Plain vanilla No-S. At some point, I may consider making fast food for S days only - it's my particular weakness - but I'm not starting there. The first big challenge for me will be after-dinner eating.

Like all good dieters, LOL, it's tempting to start on Monday but I'll start today, right in the middle of Friday. Two S days coming up should help me get through my first no-cookie evening! :D

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Kim

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Not a bad plan to start on Friday, though you'll see a real difference in how S days affect you after you've gone 5 days not eating sweets and getting hungry for all you meals. Oh, you are in for an adventure! Welcome.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

machelle

Post by machelle » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:47 pm

Welcome, Kimbo! I have just started No S on 8/31/10, and I just love it so far! I have even dropped a couple of pounds already! This has been my first full week of No S, so we will see how my S days are. I will tell you that I feel great and look forward to many more weeks of feeling good with this way of life. I mean how many diets out there are really recommended as a lifelong habit?? Not many that I know of.
8/31/10 Start.
Starting weight: 134.5
Current weight: 132.5
~~ Goal: 115 ~~

Kimbo

Thanks for the welcomes!

Post by Kimbo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:32 am

Thanks very much for the welcomes!

Oolala, years ago I did Body for Life, and we had free day... so I've had a little experience with the S day concept (like No S, a lot of Body for Lifers started out going wild on free days, only to realize feeling terrible the next day wasn't really worth it). So we'll see how it goes. Not eating sugar or snacks during the week will indeed be an adventure!!

Machelle, great to hear you're loving it and seeing success already! You're right, most diets aren't sustainable at all. This is a breath of fresh air... simple, workable, livable.
~*************~
Kim

SW 11/16 224
GW 130

Urban Ranger

Post by Urban Ranger » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:02 pm

I'll just say that I think that starting on Friday is already an enormous success! Great going with that! I'm a "Great idea! I'll start Monday . . . or the first of next month . . . or January 1st is just 4 months away!" kind of person.

Well Done!