I feel like I have been let out of prison...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mailgirl

I feel like I have been let out of prison...

Post by mailgirl » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:04 pm

after years of counting calories or points or feeling bad about not counting them, stuffing my face with food in anticipation of another weight loss try I feel free!!!!!!! I am only on Day 3 and am surprised how this just clicked! I know there may be days that might not be 100%. I love the S (sometimes) Days... idea. The N Days are great, too! Hooray!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Welcome to freedom!

Funny that rules could make you free, but in this case (and others, I think) it's so.

Reinhard

Meikmeika

Post by Meikmeika » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:32 am

Awesome!!!!

Kathi

Post by Kathi » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:27 am

I agree completely. I'm on Day 2, and I'm amazed at how wonderful it feels to NOT think about food. I've had some slight hunger pangs in between meals, but I have a cup of tea and go on with my day. Formerly, I'd be doing all sorts of calculations as to what kind of snack could I have, what quantity, etc. (and then I'd go for the chocolate in the end anyway).

Tonight I had spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad for dinner. I hadn't had pasta or garlic bread in about four months (and as I mentioned in my introduction, I never lost any weight over that time). It tasted wonderful, and I was so glad to eat what my kids were eating rather than my little plate of diet food.