What I like about NO S is what I hate about dieting

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

KHousley

What I like about NO S is what I hate about dieting

Post by KHousley » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:20 am

I absolutely loathe keeping a food journal. I've tried this over and over as part of various diet plans I've tried. It never stuck. I am so glad to see that the NO S plan does not require me to keep a food journal, writing and counting. I recognize the importance of keeping a general journal to write...stuff....but I'm glad to throw away my Food Diary.

I can't wait to get some NO S days under my belt - I am on day 1.

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:51 am

Good luck, KHousley!

I was thinking about food journaling just the other day. I thought about what the whole point was, and in my life, I suppose I would use it to identify food that I shouldn't be eating. You know, like snacks, sweets, and seconds.

Well, now instead of writing everything down and gradually figuring out not to eat snacks, sweets, and seconds, I have No S to figure that out for me! :lol:

Nicest of the Damned

Re: What I like about NO S is what I hate about dieting

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:01 am

KHousley wrote:I absolutely loathe keeping a food journal. I've tried this over and over as part of various diet plans I've tried. It never stuck. I am so glad to see that the NO S plan does not require me to keep a food journal, writing and counting. I recognize the importance of keeping a general journal to write...stuff....but I'm glad to throw away my Food Diary.
I'll tell you about the last time I tried to keep a food journal. It was a project for 8th grade home ec. We were supposed to do something to eat healthier (or something like that). I chose to keep a journal of what I ate every day. I remember that I ended up doing most of it the day before it was due, trying to reconstruct plausible menus. I remember I was insanely jealous of another girl in my class who had chosen, as her project, to not put salt on her food. All she had to do for each day was write down "salt" or "no salt". I wished I had chosen that as my project. I'm 35 now, and have never, since then, tried to keep a food journal again. I know myself well enough to know that the same thing would happen again.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:07 am

I HATE food journals. I've been seeing a nutritionist for the past 6 months to help me with some food issues (two immediate family members have cancer, and I wanted help in improving my eating, so I hopefully don't get it, too), and one of the things she's had me do is keep a food journal. Yes, it's been very instructive, BUT, I HATE it. My last session with her is in two weeks (I signed up for a 6 month commitment), and while I've really enjoyed my time with her, I will NOT miss keeping my food journal.

Kimbo

Post by Kimbo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Clarinetgal: This is OT, but have you read the book "AntiCancer: A New Way of Life" by David Servan-Schrieber? It's written by a doctor who got cancer. It is AMAZING and talks extensively and in detail about diet and what he personally has done and given to many, many patients who have either recovered or massively extended their lives (he himself is now in remission). He is cutting edge in this and I read it after several close friends got cancer as well as my 3-year-old nephew. He has connected the dots in cancer prevention in ways that no one else has done.
~*************~
Kim

SW 11/16 224
GW 130

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:24 am

Difficult when using a pencil and paper........BUT...........

I always hated writing down my food, looking up the calories etc.
UNTIL I started doing it using a computer software program.
This was SO EASY, that it became an enjoyable Habit.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:01 am

Kimbo, I will definitely look up that book. Thanks!