new

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kariev34

new

Post by kariev34 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi everyone! I'm no to this board but not new to the no S way of life (even though I just got the book). A little history.....12 years ago I decided I was sick of being chubby and wanted to feel better about myself. I cut out fast food and most sweats except for special occasions. I started getting up a 5am to exercise and within a few months and little effort, 35lbs fell off. I started getting more into exercise and nutrition and then I came across the body for life program. For those that don't know what it is, it tells you to eat 6 mini meals a day, workout intensely 6 days a week with cardio and weights and on the 7th day, you can not exercise and eat whatever you want, however much you want for the whole day.

Well I jumped on this bandwagon and my life has been a challenge since. From this free day, I started binge eating. I would restrict and over exercise through the week and then I would literally consume thousands of cals on that 7th day. I become obsessed with food as I constantly watched the clock to eat every 3 hrs. I would bring all sorts of food with me everywhere I went. I never felt satisfied with my meals because how could 300 cals possible fill you up???? So since that point I have battled binge eating.

Fast forward to today....while i'm still the same weight i'm still binging occasionally especially when I start the whole mini meal process. I actually binged on Sunday and just said to myself enough! I decided to go back to what worked for me originally, 3 meals a day and junk food only on special occasions. Little did I know that when I first lost the weight this way that there was a book about it. I researched online about the meal frequency myth which is how I found this sight and the book. So i'm starting to read the book now and read through this wonderful forum. It feels like home :D I look forward to learning about you all and sharing my experiences.

gk

Post by gk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:29 pm

Welcome!

I've only be a No-Ser since November, but I'm here to tell ya that I absolutely love this diet and am so glad I stumbled across it on-line!

I've tried so many other diets that consisted of small frequent meals during the day, and never felt satisfied. I think having three normal meals a day and not completely restricting anything is KEY. I wish I read about this 20 years ago!!

I've had a few down moments where the ugly beast of emotional eating/bingeing resurfaced, but I just reviewed the book, read the bulletin board and reminded myself how much happier I've been since starting this diet. I've found that losing weight ended up being a nice side effect compared to the dramatic difference in my eating habits now. I finally have a normal relationship with food - never thought it'd happen.

Good luck on your journey!! :)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.