Can we drink sf crystal light between meals?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gettheweightoff

Can we drink sf crystal light between meals?

Post by gettheweightoff » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi All,

I apologize in advance if this has been asked/answered but can we drink Crystal Light with Splenda between meals. It is very sweet and I'm wondering if this would be considered a "sweet". I just find drinking plain water very, very difficult.

Thanks

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:20 pm

This is a totally personal area, and is based upon one's individual preferences.

Reinhard doesn't use artificial sweeteners, but the statements in his book shows clearly
that this is merely his own personal opinion, based on his individual tastes.

Personally, I use artificial sweeteners and don't consider things made with them to be "sweets".
I drink tea with Splenda, Diet Cokes, and Crystal Light whenever I choose,
and I seldom choose to drink plain water.
There are many people here on the forum who make similiar choices.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:28 pm

I don't care for Crystal Light, but I do drink Diet Coke or Pepsi.

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:50 pm

I don't use artificial sweeteners at all... I drink water, sparkling water, herbal tea, and coffee. My view is that things that taste sweet confuse the body too much.

So now, your replies cover all the variations from one extreme to the other, leaving you without a definitive answer. :) It won't be the last time that happens... a good bit of No-S involves figuring out what works for YOU, and there is a lot of variation in what people decide.

Good luck!

PS - Though I don't use artificial sweeteners, if you're just starting, I'd consider that an "advanced concern." Focus on getting the basics down before you worry about details - especially if it's a change that would be really hard for you right now. Reserve your willpower for the major stuff.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:02 pm

I agree with KCCC. I avoid any artificial food.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Starla

Post by Starla » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:59 pm

I down Diet Cokes and enjoy every drop of their acidic goodness. So, yes, you can enjoy your Crystal Lights between meals!