Intro Post in time for New Year's

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sharpie

Intro Post in time for New Year's

Post by Sharpie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:01 am

Not that I have ever been a big one on new year's resolutions, so I will continue that trend by stating that I shall not be making No S a resolution. Instead I intend to make it a lifestyle. My BMI is 22.7, weight 128 (ish, haven't weighed in for a couple weeks) and I'm not built to be a slender thing to begin with, but I have more fat, less muscle and eat more crud for less reason than I would like.

My goals are to reduce my body fat relative to muscle and to try to train myself out of eating when there's no reason to. I eat when I am bored. I eat when I am stressed. I sometimes find myself with my head in the fridge with no real clue how I got there, or finishing off a bag of chips without realizing it. I down dried fruit like it's going out of style...I have not yet been able to control myself there. Can't have it in the house atm. Candy, sure, but not the dried fruit.

The past couple of days have been wonderful for me though, in part, because I'd not been snacking although it was completely accidental. I remembered what it feels like to be hungry! And then, when I didn't (couldn't) eat at that very moment, I didn't starve. When it did get to mealtime, later, it was quite nice indeed!

I'm on the fence for 3 or 4 meals though... Don't know if I'm ballsy enough to jump to 3 when I've eaten 4 a day my whole life d/t bile reflux pain.
"If you only do what you know you can do, you never do very much.†-Tom Krause

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Well, after a year on No S, I would be ecstatic to have a BMI of 22.7, esp. with all the noshing you say you do! But perhaps you are one of the percentage who are mean to be at the low end of the BMI. Welcome to No S and all its intended and unintended pleasures!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Sharpie

Post by Sharpie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Thank you for the welcome!

The problem is that I snack all day long... if you tried to point out a 'meal' in my day, you probably couldn't if I didn't go out to a restaurant with friends. That is unless you want to count the popcorn that not rarely I eat and eat until I physically can not eat more. :oops: I am a professional student for a scant 4 more months, and I love cooking, but I have degenerated into this binging on snack food constantly when ever I am home and barely eating at all while I am stuck running about on my rotations. My target is to be 115-120, but that is secondary to being fit and having healthy eating habits rather than the crud I have now.

My weight has gone from being something that I never thought about to something I have to work to maintain and think about all the time. I'd rather just eat food, real food at meals, and not too much.

This morning I realized that I have to actually plan a meal! Very bizarre and different from grabbing whatever out of the fridge or cupboard and stuffing my face (on vacay this week). Still drinking my coffee and pondering this concept.
"If you only do what you know you can do, you never do very much.†-Tom Krause