Why do I have more energy on No-S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gettheweightoff

Why do I have more energy on No-S

Post by gettheweightoff » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:57 pm

So by now if you've read my posts you know I've tried just about every diet out there but for some reason this plan gives me a lot more energy.

The only problem is I have more energy at night and I'm having difficulty sleeping.

Anyone else experience this?

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:46 pm

I haven't, in fact I am sleeping better. I carry a lot of my weight in my chest/shoulder region and when I lose weight I breath better when I sleep.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

exdieter

Post by exdieter » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:54 pm

I am definitely feeling more energetic -- probably because I'm NOT snacking, which means my blood sugar is a lot steadier during the day (as opposed to a typical snack and crash afternoon).

Are you exercising at all? Nothing helps me sleep better than that (err, unless I exercise too close to bedtime, in which case I am amped up for a couple of hours).

And btw, I don't mean anything crazy in terms of exercise. Even a long walk or short yoga class are enough to make a noticeable difference on my sleep patterns. :)
Slow and steady wins the race.
5"4', mid-thirties female
1/2/11: 157.2
4/4/11: 153.6

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:26 am

Could just be because you're not spinning your energy off in "diet-head chatter."

You know... the "I'll go ahead and eat this, but I'll skip dinner to make up... oh, but I'm hungry, just a leeeetle dinner... well, now I'm stuffed, what an awful person I am...tomorrow I'll fast ALL DAY, no - all week!.... but first, just this little bit..."

That kind of bargaining (and self-deception) takes a lot of energy. I didn't realize how much until I gave it up. ;)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:07 am

I was thinking the same as KCCC. You've been spending a lot of time worrying about food.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."