Dunkin Donuts Coffee

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoelFigart

Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Post by NoelFigart » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:34 pm

Does anyone know what they put in their coffee? I don't usually buy coffee at specialty stores (I buy espresso beans, grind 'em fine and brew 'em drip style at home). I bought a cup of coffee on the way home from travel, so I'm not sure what "cream and sugar" is supposed to mean when you ask for it. What I GOT wasn't coffee, it was a SAUCE, it was so sweet. Do they use some sort of syrup instead of sugar? I didn't drink it. You know it's a sweet when you can TASTE it? Yeah, that. Anything that overwhelms my tastebuds with sweet is an S unless it's a piece of fruit that I know for a fact has not been adulterated in any way.

It does make me wonder if I should just start drinking black coffee. Then when I'm out and about, I don't get that kind of nonsense.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

shorthouse3000

Post by shorthouse3000 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Dunkin' Donuts coffee with cream is unparalelled in it's awesomeness. However, if you get it with sugar it is disgusting. From the taste I would guess they use a shot of High Fructose Corn Syrup mixed with Aspartame and saccharin.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:45 pm

I think it is just sugar, but they sure do use a lot of it (I've just noticed when I watch them make it).

I like black coffee, fortunately.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Miyabi

Post by Miyabi » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:03 pm

I drink black coffee, and if I go to DD I practically have to reach over the counter to stop them from adding sugar. Around here they use a tool like an old-fashioned flour scoop for it. People would probably be better off eating one of the doughnuts.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:54 pm

I'm a black coffee drinker, too.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:05 am

You can get Dunkin Donuts ground coffee at Costco, to make it yourself at home. I'm another black coffee drinker who doesn't put sugar in my coffee, and I like the Dunkin Donuts coffee from Costco.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:11 am

I'm not necessarily majorly into DD coffee per se. I just stopped off at a gas station to BUY a cup of coffee and there was a DD there.

Not doing that again...
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

Lorelei

Post by Lorelei » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:27 am

I have DD coffee pretty much every morning. They do (at least at my local shop) use regular real sugar. I, however, ask for ONE sugar, as I hate hate hate super sweet coffee. I watch them make it and "one sugar" comes out to about a rounded teaspoon. There is always the option of adding your own sugar packets instead. But I do know what you are saying about the amount of sugar they use. I can't tell you how many times I have heard people order "caramel lattes" or "mochas" and then ask for extra sugar to be added! It is probably unusual for people who do want sugar to only want a small amount. Apparently many people like drinking syrup disguised as coffee!

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Bleck!! :?
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".