How quick did you drop pounds?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Travis Sherry

How quick did you drop pounds?

Post by Travis Sherry » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:26 am

Hey guys,

I know everyone is different and will react to the new eating habits in their own specific way. I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on how quick you lost weight when you first started, when or if you began to plateau, and what little changes you may have made to help progress the weight loss.

Having done numerous diets, including this one before, I am not "pound obsessed" as I have been in the past, where I stepped on the scale 4-5 times a day it seemed. In the first 15 days of doing this diet, I've only stepped on the scale maybe, 2 or 3 times, and have promised myself I won't "track" my weight until I've completed at least 21 days, at which point I will take a measurement of my weight to see if I have lost any weight.

So please, if you could, it would be nice to hear some of your experiences.

Thanks.

Aleria

Post by Aleria » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:31 am

I started to lose inches in a month or so, but didn't actually lose any pounds until I added regular exercise to my routine.
ETA: My regular exercise is 2 hours of martial arts three days a week. I also walk a lot in general.
Last edited by Aleria on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not here to decorate your world"
Start: January 2010: 160 pounds, 39" waist
During: December 2010: 152 pounds, 33" waist

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:04 am

Last Spring I started about mid April and went from 183/182 to anywhere between 172 and 175 by the first of June. But I was riding an exercycle up to 40 minutes 3-4 days a week. And as posted in the previous post, I began seeing a size decrease before the weight came off.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:44 am

I started NoS in the summer of 2008. I only weighed myself every month. The first month I lost a little over 6 pounds (some of that was water weight). Over the next 6-7 months, I averaged 3 lbs a month. Next six months, I averaged 1.5-2 lbs per month. The first year I lost between 30-35 pounds (switched scales that year) and went down 2 pant sizes. The second year I lost 5-6 pounds. (approx. 0.5 lb/mo) and went down another pant size. This year (year 3), I expect to also lose *on average* another 5-6 pounds for the year.

At the very beginning, my weight loss was very steady. Now, some months I don't lose (ie. during the holidays) but I don't gain either, and then some months I lose a whole pound (especially those with fewer Non-weekend S'days). I'd like to lose another 10-15 pounds, but if I don't, I'm happy enough.

For the record, I've always done "Vanilla NoS". In the beginning of 2010, I added in some basic but consistent walking with a pedometer which is my main form of exercise.

Also, for more ideas, read the postings on the testimonial board. I, and many others, have posted in more detail about how we accomplished our successful NoS journeys.

HTH,
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:22 pm

vmsurbat wrote:... for more ideas, read the postings on the testimonial board. I, and many others, have posted in more detail about how we accomplished our successful NoS journeys.
See:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=13
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.