We are in the same boat!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gettheweightoff

We are in the same boat!

Post by gettheweightoff » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 pm

From reading a lot of posts here is what I can tell about No-S.

We all love No-S and we all believe in it but at the same time many of us struggle with not losing fast enough and going crazy with S days or "falling off".

At the end of the day even though no-s is a lifestyle and is a much easier plan to follow than traditional diets it is still a diet. Nothing is going to be 100% easy. Every plan or lifestyle change has its pros and cons.

We just have to forego fast weight loss for a liveable and sustainable course. Yes, there are going to be screw ups etc. but wouldn't we screw up on a traditional diet too?

At times I feel like throwing in the towel and want to be a "normal person" who can snack but I know that I can't because it leads to overeating to say the least so at the end of the day I know this is the only plan or way to eat for life and whatever my weight settles at that will have to be it.

Trying to starve myself on a traditional diet so I can fit into small clothes only to keep regaining it is not my idea of a sane way to be. Most of us seem to relate to one another so we need to stick this through!

wosnes

Re: We are in the same boat!

Post by wosnes » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:40 pm

gettheweightoff wrote:
At times I feel like throwing in the towel and want to be a "normal person" who can snack but I know that I can't because it leads to overeating to say the least so at the end of the day I know this is the only plan or way to eat for life and whatever my weight settles at that will have to be it.
Just because most people do it doesn't mean it's "normal." Having said that, I think it might be more "normal" to have a snack of a very specific food at a specific time -- and that's it -- like my ex having either popcorn or ice cream in the evening. Other than that, he never snacked.

What's not normal is snacking all day long -- which is what many people do.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."