Now this is why I'm trying NoS!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

librarylady

Now this is why I'm trying NoS!

Post by librarylady » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:15 pm

I had one of those weeks - terrible commuting problems, disabled trains (fire in the subway tunnel), flat tire (potholes), hours in traffic (disabled cars!!). Naturally I was late for everything and one night missed dinner since I had to be a school function about 10 minutes after I got home - literally no time to cook!

So I was feeling a bit sorry for myself (poor little me :cry: ) - so stressed, so hungry. A few months ago I would have decided that I needed a little treat. Of course I don't need a little treat. I just said to myself "no you don't" it is an N day. You'll get your treat this weekend."

And I was fine! Poor little me - well if I want to be "littler" in the hip area especially, I just have to be in charge :D ! Time to "adult up"

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:47 pm

One of my favorite quotes from the sticky thread is "if hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer."

Sometimes you DO need a treat... But it doesn't have to be food.

exdieter

Post by exdieter » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:46 pm

KCCC wrote:Sometimes you DO need a treat... But it doesn't have to be food.
KCCC, I think this is gonna be a revolutionary idea for me! [looking down at unmanicured nails. hmmmmm.]
Slow and steady wins the race.
5"4', mid-thirties female
1/2/11: 157.2
4/4/11: 153.6