Went grocery shopping today and it was so much fun.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Strawberry Roan

Went grocery shopping today and it was so much fun.

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:31 pm

I went to a meeting and then grocery shopping. Had plenty of time so I really enjoyed strolling around and getting some good, healthy food. Walked right past the Twizzlers red string licorice as I know I can eat the whole package at a setting. Instead got a couple pounds of red plums.

Walked past the sandwich bread and got a loaf of Asiago cheese crusty bread from the bakery. Smelled heavenly. I will slice it thin and use it for my veggie burgers.

Didn't buy the butter pecan ice cream, bought a bag of oranges and a couple pounds of green grapes instead.

Bought lots of salad fixings, spring greens - spinach, fresh mushrooms, green onions, cucumbers, red/green/yellow/purple peppers etc. No tomatoes, they looked awful. Bought some pomegranate red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil along with fresh herbs to make my dressing and some fresh garlic croutons from the bakery. I am already craving a salad sprinkled with fresh cheese and a sliced boiled egg :wink:

No potato chips, no junk, just some yummy food that I cannot wait to place upon my dinner plate each day. 8)
Berry

exdieter

Post by exdieter » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:19 pm

Nice work! That all sounds so tasty -- way more delicious than Twizzlers, imho! :)
Slow and steady wins the race.
5"4', mid-thirties female
1/2/11: 157.2
4/4/11: 153.6

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:14 am

Image Good Job !!!
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Nicest of the Damned

Re: Went grocery shopping today and it was so much fun.

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:16 am

Strawberry Roan wrote:No tomatoes, they looked awful.
I'd be surprised if you found good or even decent tomatoes this time of year.

gk

Post by gk » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:58 am

Good job!

Isn't it nice to shop and know you're making healthy choices? To have the willpower to walk by the things that have drug you down forever can be so uplifting!

Funny how No S actually makes the dreaded task of grocery shopping fun. :)