[URGENT] How many NWK S days per month?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Anoulie

[URGENT] How many NWK S days per month?

Post by Anoulie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I know I'm only supposed to have two NWK S days per month, but...

See, it's my birthday on March 28, so there's one.
Then, on March 11, it's my friend's birthday party (haven't seen her in forever and probably won't for a while afterwards, and the party's motto is food, so... that's another evening, starting 6:30 pm).

Two S days/events, all good.

But just today I was invited to a Mardi Gras party that's tomorrow, 4:30 pm to 6 pm, and its main focus is food as well. There'll be all kinds of good seasonal treats, but... three S days/events per month? :?

Help!!
There's only us, there's only this
Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way,
No day but today.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:19 pm

AVERAGE, darlin' AVERAGE.

Some months I take none.

Some months I might have four.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

Anoulie

Post by Anoulie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:49 pm

OKAY! I GUESS I CAN RELAX NOW!! :P

Sorry, but it really bothers me when I think I'm not sticking to No S to the letter, and may lead to binges, and nobody wants that, right?
There's only us, there's only this
Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way,
No day but today.

amake616

Post by amake616 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:22 am

I wouldn't worry about it. After all most months you probably only have 1 or 2 so just enjoy it and savor the memories during the months when you have none, lol.

Sienna

Post by Sienna » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:31 am

If you are worried, you can also opt to make only the parties S time, instead of the whole day. For example, tomorrow you eat normal breakfast and lunch with no snacking, and then treat the party as an exempt S dinner. I've found this is a good strategy in general to deal with NWSdays.
Finally a diet that I can make a lifestyle!

Started June 2010
6/27/2010 - 226 lbs
10/17/2010 - 203 lbs - 10% weight loss goal!
1/29/2011 - 182 lbs - 2nd 10% weight loss goal!
5/29/2011 - 165 lbs - 3rd 10% weight loss goal! (one more to go)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:54 am

I'm taking a different tack. First of all, I wouldn't call it an emergency. Esp. when your BMI is 19.8. You are in your normal range, which means you don't need to be in a hurry to lose weight. The discipline of moderate eating is more important.

Because discipline is the point, I think you need to choose. Life is going to offer many more chances to eat outside the rules than you have extra S days to "spend," and you are going to have to make choices then, too. Besides, even if the focus is food, it doesn't mean you can't fix a plate of great food while skipping desserts.

Breaking the rules does not make you binge.

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, just be at peace with your decision and get back into the routine.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Noel nailed it. I, too, have had months with 3 or more NWS days -- a fair number over the years. But big picture, it's closer to 2, and big picture is all that matters.

If it's stressing you out keeping track and you want a handle as to whether you're slipping into dangerous territory, just use the habitcal. It's got a built-in mechanism to adjust your "compliance score" downward for each NWS over 2 a month. If you don't like your score/medal standings after 3-6 months (go into "stats view" to see this), then it's time to consider further action. But from what you're describing, I think you'll be just fine.

Reinhard