Hello from San Antonio

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

vcanfield

Hello from San Antonio

Post by vcanfield » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:12 am

Hi to all,

I have been lurking for a little while. My name is Veronica and I live in San Antonio. I recently went on the South Beach diet for, oh... 5 hours. By lunch I decided if this what I had to look forward to with just a little bit of carbs in phase one and two, then I would rather just lie down and die.

Now San Antonio is known for being one of the fattest cities in the US. We are just the lucky ones, are we not? So, despite the great Mexican food, I am attempting to shed 25 lbs. or so to get back to 110 lbs., which I use to despair over and wished to be 100 lbs. And I sheepishly reveal, back then I thought 95 lbs. was perfect. I am only 5 ft. and to be fair, 95 lbs. when I was 18, was perfectly within my weight range. I am now approaching 40 and 110 lbs. is looking absolutly, wonderfully thin.

However, as you can see, this has been a life long obsession. Before it was for vanity, now it is about being winded when I run after my 4 year old. Here is to losing about 1 lb. a week (I hope) and trying to get that sugar monkey off my back. Heck, I'll take 2 lbs. a month and just keeping the monkey on a short leash.

Veronica

-Veronica

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:49 am

Welcome Veronica! Best of luck.

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:37 pm

Sugar monkey...... Sugar glider?
Remember, once the Sugar Monkey is on the leash it's much easier to take to the vet. Where you can have it put to sleep. :twisted:

Welcome fellow Texan! Good luck!
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:24 am

Welcome, Veronica (sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week).

No-s gives you a lot more to look forward to (and a lot sooner) than "a little bit of carbs." Incentive and reward are pillars of the systems.

Hope you've made it past 5 hours :-),

Reinhard