Finally Starting the No S Diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Philo

Finally Starting the No S Diet

Post by Philo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi, all:

I read the No S Diet a couple of years ago, but am somewhat averse to dieting in general, so let it be. But I'm getting to the age where weight's starting to be hard to keep off, and it's starting to impact my health.

First I was diagnosed with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, and my cholesterol and blood pressure started creeping up. So I started exercising more, which helped. However, I'm still quite overweight, and my 37 year old body isn't quite taking strain as well as it used to, especially added strain due to the weight. I was recently told to lose weight by a sports medicine doctor after being treated for bad knee tracking which is wearing down my cartilage in one knee. Then, right before new year's eve, I dislocated my other knee while spinning during a dance, which was the final straw for me.

So, I started the No S Diet officially this week, and so far, so good. It's been no sweat so far, but admittedly I've been "virtual plating," as I find putting everything on one plate, especially social situations, to be kind of a pain. I'm tracking my weight (intelligently - I know change is slow and I have a program which does a weighted average so that I'm not tricked by daily random fluctuations) and if I don't see change in 4-8 weeks, I'll get more rigorous on the plating.

But, so far, so good! I'll also try to start a check-in thread here, although I also use an app to track my habits, so am using that for the No S Diet too.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading!

LoriLifts

Post by LoriLifts » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:11 am

Welcome Philo!
You're gonna like it here!
Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:49 am

Welcome! Reinhard would be the first to say that health conditions trump No S, but I doubt there'd be an issue with the three meals. Because of your liver issue, though, you may have to limit what you put on your plate more quickly than others. It's nothing to be messed with! I doubt you have to be pristine, but also be honest about realizing that a big plate of all heavy foods is not in your best interest.

Get well!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well. I hope that no-s helps you to get your health back on track. As you know, it's a slow process but small consistent changed do add up.

Welcome to the boards.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Welcome to the boards, I also hope that the new lifestyle choices help with your health issues and that you are feeling much better real soon.

Enjoy your time here and check in when you can. :)
Berry