Don't let weight stop you!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CDee

Don't let weight stop you!

Post by CDee » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:11 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/nati ... /80368310/

There is a video at the end of the article.
I believe I can do this!

Starting at a size 14 (Jan. 2016)
Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:26 pm

It seems very telling to me that she was not able to sustain the original loss. Before I even got to the next part of the article that I quote later, I bet it was because she did it for the wrong reasons. Why else would she put it all back on?

Her words: "What I wanted to do was to love where I was, which was just about 300 pounds, and go from there. That was a very different take on my weight journey than ever before.

Q. How so?

A.: Because before, I would say, “I hate the way I look, so I’m going to go on a diet and do this detox because I’m eating crap.”

It was a much more loathsome conversation than deciding I was just going to do it as I was and not make it some miraculous weight-loss attempt. Because if I decided to do that, I knew I was going to fail.

So that meant finding a trainer who didn’t see me as a before-and-after picture."

I hope she has a similar attitude about making eating changes, less about forcing loss to happen and more about just whittling away at the egregious extras.

And you don't have to climb Kilimanjaro, people! 14 minutes and Urban Ranger first!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)