Sillymonkey29 21 day challenge

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sillymonkey29

Sillymonkey29 21 day challenge

Post by Sillymonkey29 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:59 am

• Hi all,

I am new. I arrived here because I am sick of the losing/gaining diet cycle. I have been a calorie accountant for nearly a decade now.
    I need a solution that I can maintain for life. Which involves socially acceptable food practices and not eating separate meals from my family.

I am at a normal weight now. However, I would be lying if I didn't want to lose a few more pounds. More importantly, I want to restore sanity with food.

Yesterday was my first day on the plan, and also my first Mother's Day as a mom! 😊 Today is my first n day. My biggest problem is constant snacking. Hope everyone has a lovely Monday!

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Mon May 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Welcome! Congrats on your first mother's day! I have a three year old boy. You have found the right place to get sanity with food. No S Is definitely the best plan for eating with your family and not having to prepare special meals. You are going to do great. This forum is such a great place of support. I wish I could say that I was a normal weight, but alas I need to lose about 30. Good luck!

Merry

Post by Merry » Tue May 10, 2016 1:30 am

Welcome! Congratulations on your first mother's day--what a joy! And how wonderful to think you can help your little one throughout the growing up years to have a more normal sense of meals and habits :-). I hope you had a lovely first mother's day :-).

Counting plates is SOOOO much easier than counting calories :-). Have a great first week!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Sillymonkey29

Post by Sillymonkey29 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:04 am

Thank you both! And I hope you had a great Mother's Day too! I hope I do set a good example for my child with normal habbis. I can't believe I have been doing this yo-yo dieting for so long and I hope to spare him from it.

I had a good first N day. The amount of food on my plate looked like a lot,, but it couldn't have been TOO much. I of course wasn't factoring in the 1000 tasteless low calorie snacks I would have had before the meal when I looked at my plate.

I had a delicious dinner of tilapia with white wine butter sauce over angel hair with broccoli. I had to turn off the part of my brain that banned anything but the broccoli and tilapia.

kaalii

Post by kaalii » Tue May 10, 2016 12:07 pm

hey, im here also new and taking my first 21 day challenge since friday!
so we are doing it, more or less, together! :)
liberty from snacking (even healthy snacking) on n-days is awesome, isn't it?
liberty from counting calories even more!! :D
BMI: 18.8
Body Fat %: 17.6
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!

Sillymonkey29

Post by Sillymonkey29 » Wed May 11, 2016 11:09 am

Yes kaslii, it is wonderful to be free from both of those things!

I just realized that I am posting on the wrong board, so I will move over to daily check ins. Sorry!

cedar

Post by cedar » Wed May 11, 2016 12:29 pm

Welcome Sillymonkey, you're story sounds like mine too. All the best and congrats on your first Mother's Day..very special.