Yuck!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

3aday

Yuck!

Post by 3aday » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:55 pm

Durning lunch, I accidentally grabbed one of those "flavored" waters instead of you know, "plain" water. (They were next to each other and looked similar. I normally always double check.)
How unpleasant.
And, I'm stuck drinking it because I'm thirsty and only have a quarter of the bottle left.
The fact that it is water and calorie free does not comfort me in any shape or form.
The apple taste is yuck and the fact that my water contains spring water, malic acid, natural flavor (who knows what's in that), potassium benzoate, potassium sorbate, and sucralose disturbs me.

It makes me sad that people will buy chemical apple flavored water instead of just eating an apple and drinking a glass of water!

Have a good weekend everyone and enjoy your S's!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:18 pm

Yeah that stuff tastes like shit..
LOL..

Sorry Beck!!!

Well, that should be your worst problem today!!!! LOL..

Seeya and please make better choices in the future! :wink:

Have a great weekend!
Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:37 am

Good call on the chemicals. There ought to be a law.

harpista

Post by harpista » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:11 am

I did see packages of freeze-dried lemon juice (just that, nothing else) for use in water, tea and drinks. That might be a nice chemical free alternative :)

mommashell

Re: Yuck!

Post by mommashell » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:56 pm

3aday wrote:Durning lunch, I accidentally grabbed one of those "flavored" waters instead of you know, "plain" water. (They were next to each other and looked similar. I normally always double check.)
How unpleasant.
And, I'm stuck drinking it because I'm thirsty and only have a quarter of the bottle left.
The fact that it is water and calorie free does not comfort me in any shape or form.
The apple taste is yuck and the fact that my water contains spring water, malic acid, natural flavor (who knows what's in that), potassium benzoate, potassium sorbate, and sucralose disturbs me.

It makes me sad that people will buy chemical apple flavored water instead of just eating an apple and drinking a glass of water!

Have a good weekend everyone and enjoy your S's!
Hey, I know what you mean about the flavored water. I tried some of that for the first time the other day. Of course, it was warm. But you could taste the fake sugar. Now I usually will put fake sugar in my tea or coffee because I've been doing this since I was little, and that's fine. But drinking water with it, well it was just gross. I mean, to me if it's flavored water, then no matter how few calories there are in it, or how few, it becomes juice. Diluted and very weak, but still juice. Or maybe something else, but flavored water? I mean, why not just put a little lemon juice in it? It tastes better. Anyway, i honestly don't understand this flavored water trick that they've come up with. More blinders.
Shell