Newbie/No S wannabe!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

JS

Newbie/No S wannabe!!

Post by JS » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:37 pm

I am a 48 yr. old newbie to this site. I am 75 lbs. overweight. Sigh. I have tried every program imaginable to mankind. I have "dieted", "changed eating lifestyles", "counted", "restricted", gone "Vegan", gone "fatfree"...I could go on, but I think you get the point. All worked for awhile.

One day I got to thinking. I never had a problem with my weight until I was 33 yrs. old or so. What was different? I started dieting is what was wrong! The first 33 yrs. of my life I realized, I ate normally!! After the dieting started there was this strange pattern of diet, reward, start over, diet, reward, start over, that has gone on for the last 15 yrs. I used to eat 3 a day, rarely had snacks and seldom ate at night. If I did, it was just here and there. Growing up we always had dessert with our meals, and as a result, rarely ever wanted something sweet at any other time.

I decided to search the internet, not really thinking I would find a site where people supported each other for eating normal. I mean, afterall, don't people who eat well just do it? Much to my suprise, I ended up here. I am going back to my natural roots.....which is......No S anyhow!
Wish me luck!!
JS

david

Post by david » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:28 pm

JS,

Welcome to No-S and the forum!

I think many of us here are familiar with the diet pattern you wrote about. And I totally agree that No-S is just common sense. Stick with it and don't be shy about giving it another go if you stumble--I sure have!

thanks,
david

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:23 pm

Good luck JS! :)

Enjoy the plan and group!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

This path is my life

Post by This path is my life » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:20 am

Welcome and good luck JS. Have a great day.
"There is no such thing as a bad choice, there is only the next choice"

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:00 am

Welcome back to sanity. It is so great not to have food ruling your life anymore.

As David says, sometimes it takes more than one try, but it is a great way to live.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:05 pm

Glad you found No-S. Welcome!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:13 am

Welcome and good luck, JS.

Brace yourself for a few false starts till you get this down. It's trickier than you might think up front, but only gets easier.

Reinhard