loser this week!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mommashell

loser this week!

Post by mommashell » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:31 pm

Hooray. I'm a loser this week and the cool thing about that is that I am a loser on a Monday which means that I lost even though it was a weekend. Which means that even though I had two S days, I still lost weight. Weird. But cool! And I wasn't particularly good. I mean I had a few oreos here and there a couple ice cream sandwiches and I had a mudslide last night, and some wedding cake the night before that, stuff like that, so I wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination. But I know there were a few things that happened that probably helped, llike sleeping very late yesterday. And at the reception I went to I ate dinner but it was a very small plate, because that's what they had. And I know Saturday I only wanted one piece of toast instead of two. This is usually something I have to force myself to do on other diets. This time it just kind of happened naturally. I'm noticing little things like that. Like eating two oreos and going oh man that's sweet. I've refined my goal a little bit. Made it a tiny bit smaller. My new goal is to be able to wear my wedding rings again. I only have to lose a couple more pounds probably to be able to do this. I'm very proud of my size four fingers, and it's embarrassing when I can't easily slide my rings on or off. So they've been sitting in my jewlery box on the piano for months because I started getting a rash on my left hand because they were so darned tight. It was really uncomfortable. My goal for this week is to exercise at least three times. More if I can stand it but if not, three will be fine. This stupid cold really knocked me for a loop. I'm still coughing and there's a lot of gunk still in my throat. But other than that I feel miles better than I did this time last week. I'm really convinced that you're onto something, Reinheart. It's not the carbs, it's the refined sugar. And I've had people say that before but the thought of giving it up forever, just made me shudder. And in my unscientific opinion is that the reason that other diets don't really work well is that they put blinders on you to keep you from really dealing with the life style change. Like weight watchers. They have a whole bunch of sugary things. Ice cream bars, eclairs etc. Which is probably fake sugar. Anyway, when you go off, you start eating all the real stuff because you never had to give it up. Even LA weight loss gives you this juice that's probably loaded with sugar, for the first five days. ANd also the l.a. weight loss bars which in my opinion are kind of nasty. I mean, they're not too bad, but hardly what I'd call a reward. Anyway, all that stuff is blinders, tricks. Anyway, another thing I did last night or maybe early this morning is that I had a midnight snack but instead of hunting desperately for the box of oreos from SAMS, I had an orange . It was great!! So I'm excited about this week because I'm going to get back into exercising and I hope that I will lose three pounds by this time next week. So here's hoping that everyone is looking forward to a wonderful week. I'm about to get coffee and have breakfast.
Shell

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:22 pm

Good for you Shel!

Have a nice day!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:34 pm

Congratulations, Shel! I've got to warn you, you may eventually run into the opposite problem: I can't wear my wedding ring any more because it keeps on falling off.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:20 am

Congratulations on being a Loser this week Shell.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

mommashell

Hi Reinhart. and everyone else

Post by mommashell » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:55 pm

Hey what happened to the view your posts link? I found that one most convenient. Well, anyway, I don't think I'll have to worry about my wedding rings falling off because I've been a size four since I was a kid. It only took me getting down to 221 or so to have that back. I'm really worried about my husband because he wants to go on this expensive baptist hospital diet. I keep telling him that he is just wasting his money and time when he could have three meals a day and still lose weight. Of course, he isn't listening to me. He truly believes he can't lose unless he has a lot of expensive supliments to buy and doctor visits to go to. *really sad* This's bad because he's just destined to gain all the weight once he goes off. But then the same might be said of me. I'm hoping though that even if I do go off, it will be jut as easy to get back on track.
I wonder if the stats for weight loss are as depressing as the ones for alcoholism?
Shell