Deatails!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Josie

Deatails!!

Post by Josie » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 am

:shock: They beg for Details! I would encourage you to read my earlier posts as they are full of info. It was an easy diet for me to follow. I am rather a carefree person and this Program made it easy for me to use my best judgement for me and go with it. I was pretty much on it fully when my Sister, 51 was diagnosed with throat cancer March 1st. She has suffered horribly and it is caused by her making the choice to be a Heavy Smoker and Drinker. It was also a REAL BIG wakeup call for me. I HAD to take more responsibility for my choices. I ended up in a real funk ( off the diet ) all of March over my Sister and rededicated myself to lose weight and get into shape on April 1st. I, TOO had a horrible problem and it was/is OBESITY! I am lucky there is a CURE for my problem! My Sister is likely to die. Every breath I take gasping for air while excercising, I think of my Sister gasping for breath just to live. Every bite I take, I KNOW what I am chosing to eat because my Sister has had a feeding tube for 6 months now and can't eat or drink. I have my motivation NOT to make my folks have to deal with two of us sick from OUR poor choices. Yes, I watch portion size, yes I count calories and YES I eat only whole grains. At least Five days a week! But the weekend comes along and I go out to eat or BBQ here. I enjoy butter on my corn, sour cream on my tater, cheese and crackers and I drink my choice of alcohol. The Trick is that I excercise hard all week long (even one of the weekend days). I also find I just CAN'T eat as much. Before, I would have a 10-14 oz. steak, now I am lucky to get down 4 oz. and still ENJOY it. Instead of that BIG baking tater, I now have a medium one and load it down and eat half of it. I have found a passion for cod and shrimp and would rather have them than red meat and Wal-Mart has the best baked chicken for a few bucks a bird (it makes four or five meals)! I have been very gentle with myself when I indulge during the week. I usually know I can offset it with another 20 minutes of working out. The Choice is MINE to make. CHOICE is my motivational word. Do we choose to be Fat, unhealthy and out-of-shape? YES, we really do.
I would love to include some pictures but I can't figure out how to resize them. Feel free to write me at josiejames@charter.net and I will send them right out to you. When you are fighting for your life it becomes very personal. I am going to win this fight because I have to. I don't like any of the dieting or the excercise but they are tools that work to win the fight. I have made the "CHOICE" to make it work. This Diet is also a tool I use as it is the easiest one ever for me. It makes me rely on myself and holds me accountable. I have only weighed in twice since I started. I go by the way my clothes are fitting. I have had to exchange my uniforms twice at work and in another couple of inches, I will need the third set. The hardest part was taking the first steps as I was so HUGE and everything hurt and rubbed the wrong way when I walked. I remember walking around the block and when I finally got home I had to hold onto the building and crawl up the steps to get inside because I was exhausted. I can't tell you where the sweat stopped and the tears started but I hated what I had done to my body as a FATTY! I took a ton of ibuprofren, recovered and started again at an increased pace and just kept at it everyday. Even now, I have to force myself out the door to excercise. I need to lift weights so I will start the shovelglove. I totally REFUSE to join a GYM and have my freedom of choice compromised by those who think they know better than I do what I should be doing! I am the one who is living this life and the way I do it is MY CHOICE! The shovelglove is fine for me. This Program has been a perfect tool for me. Once I found it I was never tempted to try cabbage soup, high protien, South Beach or any other program. It simply makes sense and it works. Keep your protien bars and the skinny shakes they sale. Good nutrition comes from good CHOICES. Good Choices are easy when you have a Good Guidline! That is what this program offers...
The CHOICE IS "YOURS"!
Josie
WORK HARD, PLAY HARDER!

Josie

I CAN'T Believe I spelled " Details" wrong!

Post by Josie » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:14 am

LOL.. oh well ~ Jos :roll:
WORK HARD, PLAY HARDER!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:49 pm

Must have been all the excitement!!!

Hee!!!

Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:00 pm

This is also being printed and going on my refrigerator and at my desk at work. Thanks, Josie. You are da bomb!
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:57 pm

Josie,

Thanks for posting this. The angel, as well as the proverbial devil, is in the details.

For those of you who haven't seen the first part of Josie's success story, look here:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1222

Reinhard