One week

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Toro

One week

Post by Toro » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:16 pm

I found No S by accident last week in my poker forum. No S is actually something that I sort of did many years ago on my own and was successful with it so I'm excited that it's sort of formalized now which will be good for me since it gives me more structure something I need.

I'm not grossly overweight as I need to lose about 25 pounds. But despite many efforts over the last few years haven't been able to pull it off. I'm one week into it and I'm down 4.5 lbs from last Monday but I'll be happy with a pound a week since this is no crash diet.

Funny thing. On Friday, I was not looking forward to the S days. I was afraid I would totally blow it. And on Saturday I sort of overdid some snacking while watching television. Sunday was pretty good. I think with time I'll get the S days down better.

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:21 am

Best of luck with No S and poker. Welcome.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:53 pm

Welcome, Toro!

Congratulations on knocking off a few pounds and navigating your first weekend without too much excess. And it only gets easier.

It sounds like you're coming at this with very reasonable expectations, and some good informal preparation.

Best of luck and keep us posted,

Reinhard

Rosemary

Post by Rosemary » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:24 pm

Toro, your expectation echos my own. At first I was a little disappointed with only losing about a pound per week, but then I realized that this isn't really a diet; for me it's more of a restructuring - I used to eat reasonable amounts, but then snacked from supper to bed-time!

Like you I was concerned about week-ends but, in reality, I found myself on Monday morning thinking, "O.K., let's get back to no-s again!" with enthusiasm.

The remarkable thing I've found is that I'm no longer feeling either guilt or despair when I eat. It's suddenly become a non-issue.