I'm back

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

hexagon

I'm back

Post by hexagon » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:12 am

Hi there,

Well, I spent the last two weeks not eating very well--not junk food, but just too much. I just moved across the country to a new job with no friends or family around (okay, cue in the violins, right). These past two weeks I've been zipping around trying to get all of the household stuff I need. I've done a lot of driving (for the past few years where I lived I didn't need to drive), which sucked. I hate sitting around and feeling my muscles dissolve.

Now I don't have a car (I rented that one) so I'm back to walking a lot like I normally did, and I'm ready to get back on track. My kitchen is stocked, I finally cooked a real meal last night, the salad is washed, whee!

I was kind of horrified when I went to shop at Wal-mart. I've grown up and lived in large cities where folks tend to be more health conscious, and while intellectually I know that the U.S. is suffering from an obesity epidemic, suddently I was thrust into the middle of it. Talk about being scared into good behavior...

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well and I'm happy to be back. You all are so supportive and kind.

Best,

H

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:52 pm

Welcome back, Hexagon.

Good luck bringing your nos behavior back out of hibernation. Sounds like you've made a good start.

It is shocking how big we've gotten, especially those of us who are less well off and less urban. I hope the word gets out that there is a cheap sub-, ex- and non- urban friendly solution with no harmful side effects.

Reinhard