Back again for the New Year 2007

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CarrieAnn

Back again for the New Year 2007

Post by CarrieAnn » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:17 pm

Hello,
I have been here several times in the past. Thought I would like to try again starting Monday the 8th. Hopefully I can talk my husband into no- sing with me. He is complaining about holiday weight. Sure would be nicer to to this together. I also like Reinhard's monthly resolutions he talked about. That sounds much more doable than a whole year resolution. That has never worked for me longer than a month or even a couple of weeks.

I wish everyone a happy, healthy, & success in No S 2007!

Hugs!
CarrieAnn :D

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:21 am

Welcome back!

I'm thinking monthly resolution plus personal olympics might be a better default starting structure than 21 consecutive days.

The idea is, resolve to do the nosdiet for 1 calendar month, keeping track of any slip ups. At the end of the month, if you had 0 slip ups, you win "gold," 1 slip up "silver," 2 slip ups "bronze." Or something like that. And you could make non-weekend S days count as half a slip up to keep you in line on that end. If at the end of the month you aren't happy with your medal standing or lack thereof or just think it's still a helpful motivational structure, re-resolve and repeat next month. The advantage of this over the 21 day club is that it has some tolerance for failure, while at the same time rewarding "perfection." It might be a better way to keep from getting discouraged when you run into trouble, while at the same time keeping a solid grip on things.

Reinhard

Rollo

Carrie Ann... I'm starting back on the program too!

Post by Rollo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:51 pm

Carrie Ann, were you named after the song?

I'm restarting tomorrow too. Joined in November and was starting to make a little progress, then we had a major health issue pop up with my 87 year old Mom, and eventually I just blew everything off, health-wise. Even gained a few more lbs. in Dec. I need to lose at least 30 lbs.

Rollo
Rollo

elena

Post by elena » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:19 am

i'm with you guys too.. starting again on the 8th.. did it successfully before the holidays for about a week and a half, barely.. my S-days were horrible, so that's something i have to watch out for.. and i think i gained a little over the holidays :(

good luck to you both!
elena

zoolina

Post by zoolina » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:07 am

Reinhard,

I like the Personal Olympics structure, but I wouldn't make a non-weekend S day into a half slip up. If we stick to just birthdays and major holidays I think non-weekend S days are perfectly Special.

Zoolina

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:03 pm

I like the "21 days to help acqure the habit" way of thinking. I figure if I make it through the first set of 21 days that the next set is bound to be easier and somewhere around the mid-year this system should be more of my regular way of eating than something I hafta to dwell on, at least that is my hope.
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:21 am

Hi Rollo,
I asked my mom that same question about being named after that song, and she said no she just liked the name. How did you do your first day? I almost had a slip up, but I read something from Reinhard about using red, green & yellow stickers on a calendar. Green for success, red for failure, yellow for an S day. So today at work this afternoon I started to reach for a piece of candy, but I thought no way did I want to see a red sticker on my first day.
I wish you great success!

Hugs!
CarrieAnn :D

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:28 am

Hi Elena,
How was your first day? Hope is was a success for you! Now there are 3 people that I know of starting on the same day, you, myself & Rollo. It will be fun to compare notes with each other. I am seriously addicted to sweets, have a habit of snacking & not too much trouble with seconds. Looking forward to when No S with be natural way of eating. Best of success to you, Elena!

Hugs!
CarrieAnn