Hello

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

viktoria

Hello

Post by viktoria » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:12 pm

Hello, Intelligent People.
Just want to say hi and congratulations on doing what you are doing.
Well, since friday (cause it was the day I’ve accidentally googled this site) I’m doing it too. And doing well.
I’ve always been in a search for a magic pill that would have kept me slim and stylish. Did hundreds of diets and failed again and again. Well no more. THANK YOU for giving me a sensible knowledge about eating (which I’ve once had, cause I’m a European girl), but lost on the diet-highways. I’m learning how to eat again.
So it’s the day four on ‘no S’ and it’s just a tiny step to the right direction, but I’m enjoying it so much – seems like starting my life over: no more ‘forbidden foods’ and guilt about eating a slice of bread with fatty butter or cereal for breakfast. I love it and I’m going to stick with it – hopefully for good.

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:20 pm

Welcome! This is a plan that really works... and a very supportive group. :)

Space_mom

Post by Space_mom » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:24 am

Hello Viktoria

I'm European too, and this is my day 6. So far so good! Even the S weekends days weren't too difficult. I just ate a snack meal instead of dinner both days. It was a couple slices of a pumpkin cake and 3 waffles, but I cooked them from scratch, and they weren't too sweet. I did spread low-fat whipped cream on the waffles. But I didn't feel guilty, or stuffed. Anyway, the scale has gone down, so I think I'm doing good. And eating more healthy food - I used to snack heavily early evening, it was my dinner so to speak - now I have proper dinners, and as you know meal food tends to be better than snack food, as someone wisely said.

Good luck, and keep sending your news
Space_mom from Portugal

viktoria

Post by viktoria » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:31 pm

Thank you for your nice welcomes.

Well, today I was hungry between lunch and dinner, and I thought that the snack would be good at that moment, but I waited until dinner and ate a lot (maybe too much) but I’m in the process of learning and I hope to become friends with the food.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:12 am

Welcome :)

I've been here since mid December. And I've fallen off the wagon SEVERAL times. The people here are great and always so encouraging every time I goof.

Eating the noS way is so freeing in SO many ways. Glad to see you here, look forward to your posts!
Tiffani
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

jennzenn

Post by jennzenn » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:41 pm

Hi Viktoria,
this is my first week too, actually second weekend plus 1 day. Anyway...I ate my breakfast like usual today but made these most killer cinnamon buns for my family and deicided that I deserved to have one since it is an S-day.

But I don't think I will have a very big lunch and supper will be a normal affair.

I love No-s. No more worrying about what, when or how I should eat. I like the thread someone started about the other s...Sometimes.
We still need to practice a little moderation on S days.
I don't think that S days are a license to pig-out. But we really craved having a treat...go ahead, have that donut...but I still wouldn't think that we should eat 4 in a row. I don't know how that would help weight control. :D

But I can't wait to see our progress in a months time. Everyone seems so supportive on this board. I like it here.

Jennzenn

NoBite

Hi, Viktoria!

Post by NoBite » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:40 pm

I'm also new here. First post. Today is my seventh day. Yesterday, I snacked a bit. Felt good. No big deal.

For me, I know what I should be eating and usually do a good job of selecting the right options during the day. I take my lunch to work most every day and take good supplements. My achilles heal has always been snacking and seconds!! I am a compulsive eater. I know that. So, for me the No 'S' diet makes sense. IMO, however, it needs to be combined with good decisions for those 3 meals on the the N days! If you just eat anything at all, I doubt if the outcome would be what you are shooting for! :wink:

I was led to this site by some folks over at BronzeBow. That is a site dedicated to following the exercise philosophy of John Peterson. Bodyweight exercises. You are your own gym. Body-mind connection.

If you are interested, here is a link:

http://www.bronzebowpublishing.com/forum/

From the brief time I've been lurking here, you folks sure seem like a supportive bunch! That is very nice to see. :)
"Live every day like it's your last, 'cause one day you're gonna be right." - Ray Charles