I'm Back, Sigh

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Betty

I'm Back, Sigh

Post by Betty » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:38 am

Two weeks of straight failure. Life got crazy and so did I. Weight up 3 pounds. Don't even check my habit cal; it will make you cry.

So. Back to the drawing board. Any advice out there on how to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and regain lost confidence?

Betty

Too solid flesh

I'm Back, Sigh

Post by Too solid flesh » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:32 am

After a break from NoS, I find it helps to keep the first few days easy - limiting eating to mealtimes but eating big meals to see me through to the next meal without too much hunger. Then I can achieve a few successful days and I feel positive, which is more effective for me than trying to be too draconian all at once.

Good luck. You are persisting, which is the way to success.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:50 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I gained about 6 pounds in the span of maybe 3 weeks or so. I have taken off about 3 of them. Just get back in the groove and KEEP BUSY. Make sure meals are balanced and have enough fat to hold you through between meal times. I find once I'm back on track I lose some weight fairly quickly, which is enough incentive to keep going on the right track. Even if it's just a pound or two, it feels great and makes you want to keep on going. Sometimes, for me, just getting through ONE DAY makes me feel amazing, and that leads to two days...and on.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:22 pm

Wow! Guess I wasn't alone here!
Sorry Bet!
Me too.. Time to pickup and dust off and get a smile on yer face for not giving up!!!
Rock on and see you in a month!
Peace and Love,
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:30 pm

Yep, pick yourself up and dust off, give it another go. I've had a bad few days lately but I do give myself credit for keeping up the exercise.
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:20 am

Welcome back! I'm actually very impressed that you made yourself fill in all that red. And I think it can be a help. Instead of letting it drag you down, think that all you have to do is pull off one green day to see a striking change -- an inspiringly attainable goal.

Another idea is every day write yourself a note on an index card or whatever that you are going to do nos that day and carry it around with you in your wallet. It might not be perfectly rational, but writing stuff down is a powerful motivator, it makes you take your resolution more seriously. Re-writing it every day keeps the scope small and manageable (just one day -- worry about tomorrow then), keeps it feeling fresh, and it makes you feel in charge, like you're giving orders and not just following them. And it just reminds you that this is a priority.

Reinhard