N-day at home....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kccc

N-day at home....

Post by kccc » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:05 pm

Today is an "at home N-day" (MLK day here, which is a holiday but not an "eating" holiday, in my opinion).

N@home days have been challenging for me. So I'm publicly stating my intent to stick to my N-day rules today. Maybe potential embarrassment will keep me on the straight and narrow.

Morning will be easy, since we're going to do a half-day of service. (Our local community uses MLK as a focus for community service projects - "Make it a day on, not a day off" - which I think is a good focus.) It's the afternoon that will be tough.

phano

Post by phano » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Good luck with your N@home! Maybe you could plan a non-caloric treat for the afternoon. A movie or a hot bath? I like the idea of a "service day" for MLK--much better than just mooching around all day.

Rachel

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:03 am

I like the MLK Service Day idea as well. We didn't help long - too cold for us - but got through our assigned task. :) And it's just a great community-builder.

On No-S, I mostly did okay today. Things that particularly help me: (1) planning meals, and especially planning my "big" meal at lunch rather than supper and (2) remembering to get enough to drink.

A big meal at lunch gets me through the afternoon better. Plus, I like to cook, but have more energy in the morning. So, if I do my primary cooking in the morning and plan something easy for supper, it keeps me on track better.

So today we had homemade chicken pot pie for lunch (comfort food!) with roasted butternut squash on the side, and calzones with carrots and cherry tomatoes for supper. Good stuff.