health issues and NoSing

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

popsmoonface

health issues and NoSing

Post by popsmoonface » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi,
I'm new to this bulletin board and am still reading the book but I have a basic idea to the plan. My question is this.....I take thyroid medication for a underactive thyroid as well as hormone replacement therapy. Has anyone else tried this plan successfully despite health issues that create a slower metabolism? If so, tell me how you're doing and what kind of meals are you eating on your non-S days. Good luck to all! :)
Kimmi

Noturningback

Post by Noturningback » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:15 am

I wish I could answer your question but, I haven't been NoSing long enough to give you a definative answer. I do have PCOS and my doctors feel I am Insulin Restistant or on the edge of being IR. So, I hear you when it comes to slow metabolism.

Hang in there,
~Danielle

tracey

Post by tracey » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:54 am

Hey there -

I have hypothryoidism (Hashimoto's Thyroiditis) and PCOS with IR so I have a double whammy ..

I am losing but more importantly to me is my mind is changing, my cravings are abating and I *feel* better.

I'm going through a lot of stress right now and I still want to eat but not the urge isn't strong enough to actually get me to do it.

I'm still learning and growing through this process but if you do some basic math you'll realize that follow NoS, even eating large portions initially, you'll still be taking in a significantly less amount of calories on a daily basis which adds up -- quickly!

Tracey

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:47 am

I have Hypothyrodism and early Type II Diabetes and I have found that if I follow No S 100% - No Sweets, No Snacks, No Seconds, Except (sometimes) on S Days - I loose weight, slowly but it comes off and stays off.

I posted more in this link http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2899

Good Luck and stick with Basic No S and don't try to complicate it and you will see results - slowly but that is better than gaining.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)