Do you get the Monday Hungries?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

Do you get the Monday Hungries?

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:40 pm

It seems to me, that every Monday, (following some very tasty S days, of which I am learning to not go overboard, generally a bit of snacking and a sweet) I am just growly and annoyingly hungry for most of the day.
Yesterday I was all hungry and grumbly, which I ignored, but it was really ANNOYING! :D I ate normal sized meals and made sure I took in favorable nutrients (fruits and veggies).

Today I've been doing fine between meals. Anyone else experience the Monday Hungries? Or am I imagining things?
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:46 pm

tiffani,

not much experience here only one full S weekend ...but I found since I ate a bit more on the weekends it actually took me longer to get hungry on Monday ... I ate my breakfast and lunch anway ...but it wasn't til dinner I got I good real hunger mojo going ...

Monday's however are NOT my favorite days ... :) at all ... you know getting back in the working groove ...

I guess for me I found that it getting back to N day's helped me kind of refocus and be productive ... you know ... when I wanted the sweet drinky thing .. no dear not today... what else is there to on that TO DO LIST :wink:

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

paulrone

Post by paulrone » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:46 pm

Nah, I get 'em, too. Especially if I've gone a bit overboard on my S days. My solution was to cut back on seconds. I still have seconds sometimes, but I try to make my second serving a half-portion. That seems to be the habit that ended the Monday grumblies for me.
-Sometimes Fundamentalist and self-appointed King of the S-day Moderates
"As it is (sometimes) written, so let it (sometimes) be done."

cheeks4weeks

Post by cheeks4weeks » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Hey Shannon - I've only started yesterday but I can tell you that whenever I used to "go big" on one day, the next day I was STARVED. It must be the whole stretched-out-stomach thing. Or just all in my head. And the more sugar I ate one day, I craved even more the next.
Like I said, I haven't gone into a weekend yet so we'll see how I feel on Monday.
P.S. I've been reading a lot of these posts and I do love your toddler analogy!

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:21 pm

Me too. And the more overboard I go on the weekend, the hard Mondays are for me. I think it must be psychological. If we are fine the other N days, then there is no real reason for Mondays to be so hard. I just drink more water and remind myself that a little hunger is so much better than that full bloated feeling I used to live with constantly. Also I remind myself that tomorrow will be easier. So I guess I am saying fight a psychological issue with psychology.
Dawn