newbie....with question(s)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

pechzancrm

newbie....with question(s)

Post by pechzancrm » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:50 pm

Plan to start NoSing tomorrow.....Hope all goes well. I am not usually a breakfast person, don't take the time for it.......just snack away before and after lunch. Bought some sausage and plan to throw it in microwave and slap it on piece of bread and be off to work..

Question: is orange juice, fruit juice or whole fruit allowed on No S days or is the natural sugar content make it off limits?
Live, Laugh, Love

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:05 pm

Fruit is fine as part of your meal.

The prohibition is not "sugar," which would make you nuts reading labels, but "sweets," which are obvious. True, there are borderline foods, but for the most part genuine sweets are pretty clear.

pechzancrm

Post by pechzancrm » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:09 pm

Thanx. KCCC. I hope I can loose at least 1 lb a week. I will probably loose more the 1st 2 weeks just by gettin rid of the Cokes and the sweets and snackin all day. the snackin is what's gonna be hardest 4 me. I have an office job and sit for 8 hrs and snack, snack, snack........junk food and good stuff but snacks none the less. Time to stock the fridge with diet drinks and water bottles and cabinet with hot tea.

How long have you been noSing?
Live, Laugh, Love

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:30 pm

For a bit over a year, I think. I've lost track.

And before you ask how much I lost :) ... not much, but I was within healthy range to start with. I did Weight Watchers... twice. Could lose on it with GREAT effort, but just could not maintain once I relaxed constant vigilance. And the constant attention made me crazy.

I'm using No-S as my maintenance plan, and it works very very well.

There are people here who have lost quite significant amounts. The general experience is that weight loss tends not to be fast on No-S, but it tends to be permanent.

And for me, "habit-management" has been very powerful and helped other areas of my life as well. Instead of making me crazy, it helps me be saner. :)

Best of luck, and welcome to the community.