What's an N Day?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

vesta0424

What's an N Day?

Post by vesta0424 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:32 am

Hey,

I keep seeing references to N days and I've read a few threads but I'm not sure what an N Day is exactly. Could someone illuminate me?

BTW -- on day 5 today and hanging in. I am seriously considering buying a sledge hammer this weekend. Should I start with 6 pounds?

Thanks,

Georgia

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:55 am

Well, an "N" day is a normal day when you don't snack, eat sweets or have seconds. On "S" days (Saturday, Sunday and "special" days) you can indulge in snacks and/or sweets and/or seconds as you choose.

Can't help you with the sledge hammer question.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

NoelFigart

Re: What's an N Day?

Post by NoelFigart » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:10 pm

vesta0424 wrote: BTW -- on day 5 today and hanging in. I am seriously considering buying a sledge hammer this weekend. Should I start with 6 pounds?
Sure, start with six pounds!

If it's too easy, you'll know it after a month. AND you'll have the wonderful advantage of having built a great habit, which is the really important part.

Lemme tellya, Reinhard is soooo right. The habit is the thing.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:10 pm

vesta0424,

It started with S-days ("days that start with S").

Then there were Non-S-days. Which was too long and morphed into N-days. Which then was taken to refer to "Normal" days.

If you want to get really advanced, there are also now NWS days -- "non-weekend S-days -- e.i., "Special days".

As for the sledgehammer, I'd say start as light as possible, with just a few slow reps of each movement. Your dual priority should be:

1) don't injure yourself
2) focus on building the habit rather than building muscle.

A lighter hammer is better for both. Frankly, you could start with a broom.

Best of luck!

Reinhard