Are Altoids cheating?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gacfree

Are Altoids cheating?

Post by gacfree » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:45 pm

I am on my 11th day of nosing and down 5 pounds!!!! I always want something a little sweet after meals and I have been popping one or two Altoids and it does the trick.....Is this cheating?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:25 pm

Do you think it's cheating? Go with your gut.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:45 pm

If you can stop at one, perhaps it is okay. If you end up eating fistfuls (like me!), then you should only have them on S days. On the other hand, I might be wrong!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:42 pm

gacfree,

If you can manage this risk, and the benefit of making it through to the next meal without too much pain and suffering is worth it, then great. I personally wouldn't do it, but I'm not you. Lots of people have successfully tweaked no-s for their particular preferences or circumstances, and I think that's great (though do be careful, of course).

Best of luck, whatever you decide, and congratulations on your success so far!

Reinhard

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:02 pm

I know we're not about counting calories here, but considering that CalorieKing.com says that 3 Altoids only has 10 calories, then I say keep having your one or two after a meal. If you ate the whole tin, that would be another thing..lol.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:58 pm

I use breath mints, but I use them because my mouth tastes icky in the afternoon and I can't brush at work.

Never worried about them... but a tin lasts me for months, and I don't eat them for the sweetness.

StarFish

Post by StarFish » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:23 am

I don't think it's a problem. I chew gum between meals because when I'm board I want to eat and chewing gum curves that. I did switch to more minty gum from the bubble gum flavor so I didn't feel like I was cheating :o