wosnes...thought to share with you

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

OrganicGal

wosnes...thought to share with you

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:26 pm

I to, have become much more conscious of what is in my food and where it comes from nowadays. I could tell you and anyone else that wanted to listen some horror stories about chemicals, pesticides, growth hormones, anti-biotics, animal treatment and on and on.

Which is why I chose just recently to totally change my career and open an Organic grocery store that is focusing on LOCAL Organic, fresh foods as much as possible.

Obviously I eat organic and local product as much as possible and prepare it myself (or my boyfriend cooks), but absolutely I like to eat out too. :shock: I just try to choose what I hope and think are the best quality restaurants I can.

I have no doubts that the food I eat is 'real' food, it just happens to be overall 'healthy' food too.

Sounds like you do the same, so I thought I'd share some thoughts with you. :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:57 pm

That sounds wonderful!

I'm not sure where Peterborough is, but I'm pretty sure it's not within driving distance of me. Too bad.

You might be interested in these:

http://www.goinglocal-info.com/

http://lostrivercoop.com/index.htm

What amazes me about the Lost River Market & Deli is that it's not in a populated aresa. The total population of that county and the 5 surrounding counties is less than 155,000 people. It shows that an interest in quality food everywhere.

It's about 2 hours south of me and not somewhere I go normally. But if I get in that area, I'll be stopping and shopping!

I'll write more later...I'm kind of brain-dead right now!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:33 am

I wish you were close to ME.

Wosnes, good links!