WHAT FORBIDDEN FOODS HAVE YOU BOUGHT?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

KTina

WHAT FORBIDDEN FOODS HAVE YOU BOUGHT?

Post by KTina » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:28 am

I have been on diets since I was 13. This is the first time I have been "allowed" OR allowed MYSELF to buy and eat what I want.

Guess what? I have GRANOLA in my cupboard--and I didn't inhale it all in the car on the way home.

Guess what else? I have chinease sticky bun steamers in my freezer. PARTY LIKE IT'S THE 1999 CHINEASE NEW YEAR!

AND, I got an orange soda for the weekend. AND I have not drunken it yet.

WOO HOO!

What foods have you bought that your diet head would not normally let you?

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:35 am

I haven't bought anything yet, but on Friday I am going to buy a pint of vegan pecan praline ice cream, a small Mrs. Smith's vegan pie crust and make a vegan praline sauce, mix 'em all together and have a vegan version of the now defunct Pecan Pie ice cream, the most heavenly substance no longer made on the planet. :D

f

KTina

Post by KTina » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:46 am

OMG! I LOVE VEGAN FOOD! I LOVE VEGETABLES. I EAT MORE VEGETABELS in a day than most people eat in a year! I made myself fall asleep last night, thinking about how much I love vegetables.

But not everyone loves veggies. HOWEVER you do have a good point by example: just because it's vegan doesn't mean it's not a sweet-- it's not automatically good for you.

And here is another point: just because I love vegetables does not mean I don't over eat, have disordered eating, have a history of bulimia, body image problems and struggle with food behaviors!

So let's hear of some other forbidden foods![/quote]

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:52 am

Ktina,

luvs luvs luvs luvs my veggies too. I am mostly vegan, I eat eggs only from the lady at the farmer's market who invites everyone to her farm to see her free rage chicks and organic yogurt ...

Oops and my treats ... which have dairy,
otherwise its beans greans veggies fruit and such,

I have for my S days enjoyed frozen mini peanut butter cups, godiva chocolate, and yesterday I made homemade choc chip cookies with walnuts ... the rest are in the freezer because I did not binge on them. And then every Saturday and Sunday my hubby and I have a new ritual, we walk over to our local donut shop get donuts, coffee and tea,

It is wonderful,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:58 am

Hi :)
I'd say no food should be thought of as "forbidden". This only perpetuates that whole "cheating" guilt vicious cycle..
Try to think about changing your mindset to enjoy all foods within moderation.
NoS doesn't forbid anything.. It only asks that you control your impulse to eat sweets and snacks all the time, and wait to enjoy it normally, in normal amounts.
If you simply can't handle any particular food because it causes you to binge, well then I'd just suggest only having it when you go out in a single serving and don't bring it home.
Good luck!
Peace and Love
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:28 am

There are no forbiddenn foods. Equally as important, there are no foods you "must" eat. There's only what you choose to eat. Ain't it grand?
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:37 am

I think what Ktina was meaning is: what forbidden....as in used to be forbidden by all those fad diets we have all followed....foods will you now eat if you want to eat them, since there are no forbidden foods on No S.

It is a glorious way to live, and so simple and obvious, that I'm still shaking my head going Why didn't I think of that? Doh! :shock:

I'm on day 13 of No S-ing....and my life is so much simpler now. Is it meal time? Nope, then no eating (except sometimes, if it's an s day). Is this a sweet? Yes, then no eating unless it's an S day. Have I eaten my one level one plate? Yes, then I'm done. AAAhhh, so simple.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:46 am

OrganicGal wrote:It is a glorious way to live, and so simple and obvious, that I'm still shaking my head going Why didn't I think of that? Doh! :shock:
I think a lot of us are saying that! Truly, it's probably because it is so simple that we didn't think of it. We're always trying to complicate things (like adding restrictions...)
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."